Chapter Seven

|5:16pm|

*knock knock*
.......

*KNOCK KNOCK*
............

*Ring Ringggg*

"Ughhh what tf" I groaned picking up my ringing phone.

"Hmm"

"Open the door mama" Click

Did he just hang up on me? I rolled my eyes slowly getting out my bed and made my way to the door. Opening it as my eyes adjusted I see he's here with bags and more flowers??

"What's all this C?" I asked moving to the side so he can come in.

"Bags from Gei and Flowers from Gei, she said she had to out do me" he said putting quotes around out do me. I laugh , she's a trip yo. He sat the flowers next to the ones he got me and put the bags on the island.

I got cozy on my couch snuggling Into Mitch blanket he left here and turned the tv on but low. "So how you feeling?" He asked sitting next to me.

"Idk I've been up for five minutes, so far so good tho" I said resting my head on his shoulder. He got quiet.

"So how was work" I asked trying to break the silence. He looked down at me and kissed my head

"Regular Ma, you hungry?"

"Not really Fred said Ms Londa is gonna cook me something, I need to let him know I'm up" I said patting around for my phone.

"I didn't see your phone in your hand, want me to check in your room " he asked

"Nah ima get up, I need to move around anyways" I got up and stretched.

"Stop burning a hole through my ass Carter" I said hearing him laugh as I walked to my room. Found it right next to my drool spot. Gross I laughed walking back into the kitchen.

Grabbing the Walgreens bag I decided to unpack it. She got Water , nausea medicine, my favorite apple juice and some Hot Cheetos. She knows me so well, looking deeper into the bag I spot a pregnancy test?
Pausing to myself I had to think.
Why does everyone think I'm pregnant? I took the plan B , I feel fine. It could just be some bad fish I had yesterday. I got my period....... Wait did I get my period?......I could've sworn I got my period...... I start to pace forgetting Carter was even here

"You good" he said scaring me because I didn't hear him walk up. Panicking I tried to close up the bag

"Ye yea I'm good, just feeling the nauseous feeling again" I said sliding the bag away and facing him completely.

"Nah something's up, you were pacing. Last time you did that you were shocked at how sexy I looked" he said smirking down at me. I blushed.

" Boy ain't nobody was shocked by your looks, I was shocked you were half dressed 1 and 2 I didn't know why you were here in the first place. Then all the dots started connecting and it threw me" I said moving out of his grip and retaking my seat on the couch.

Hearing the bag move I glance at him being nosy as to what I got.

"You know you can mind your business" I said not in the mood to have this conversation.

"I was gonna mind it but you was moving sneaky" he sassed back "And now I see why" he held up the box of test looking at me like a parent boutta give a lecture.

Frozen I didn't know what to say "those aren't mine"

He tilted his head "these ain't yours?"

"Nope" I said popping the P and turning back to the Tv. He walks over with the tests and sits down.