Chapter 11 - Horror

Guck oozed out of cracks in the building as blood was splattered across the walls. What would have been velvet rope was now leathery, grimy tubes of fabric, something you weren't sure whether it was a design choice or just the cause of the underworld.

At first they laughed in Charlie's face, not caring that her father owned the park, until Alastor came along with that smile that would tear anyone to shreds. Obviously you were let in instantly.

Then the time came where you were all put in seats; Husk was with Angel, Vaggie and Charlie, You and Alastor, and Niffty with a goat demon apparently name Alexander, you swore you've heard of him in a fanfic or something.

"Keep your hands to yourself, don't panic when something pops out, nothing will physically harm you unless you challenge it to," A blue skinned attendant announces jadedly. As the railing lowered to your abdomen the carts went off into the abyss.

Burn marks and hand-prints of ash scattered around the decorative fire place... or at least you thought it was decorative until fire shot out and set Vaggies bow on fire which Alastor was unsure about putting out. He did eventually, don't worry.

Pots and pans clattered in the kitchen due to unknown sources, eerie music being pushed away with the howling wind.

"Boo!" A demon dressed as a crazy chef pounces out and swings around his cleaver; you were certain that weapon was real. As everyone screamed in fear, minus Husk, you and Alastor, you decided to take matters in your own hands.

"Argh!" You yell back which made the demon smirk and go to retaliate only to whimper and run back in his spot when Alastor's eyes glowed dangerously. "Ha! Did you see that? I scared the shit out of him!"

"Yes, you did, my dear, good job," Alastor sat back again and rested his hands on his lap as Charlie looked in front of her to Vaggie, excitedly.

The next scare came out of nowhere making your soul leave your body for a moment. Luckily your candy cane popped out of nowhere and hit the clown which turned your scream into full blown laughter. Even Alastor laughed along.

The effects were cool; you had to give them that. But this was a contrast to the fire place. The temperature dropped below 0 degrees Celsius which, by the way, they didn't warn you about. A yeti popping out here and dead bodies hanging there were fine but the real scary part was nearly being impaled by an icicle.

"Cold?"

"Sorry, was it the ice forming on my nose or the shaking?" You sass back to Alastor who chuckles and wraps his coat around your shoulders. Giggling at the size difference of you and the demon he smiled down and wrapped an arm around you. "T-thanks,"

"Don't want you getting a cold now do we?" He chuckles as you shake your head quickly.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing?" Angel mumbles to Husk who looked just as confused at the pair in front of them.

"I do..." Husk watched as his friend showed a side that he hadn't really ever seen. Not with him, Niffty or Rosie for that matter! Let alone for a demon he just met.

That was the thing... Alastor didn't understand either. His actions, fondness, and softness towards you. It was foreign. Confusing.

He admired the openness you held in short while you have been here. The small good morning's he exchanged with you, or good night's you left him with.

Alastor felt his free fist tighten in confusion as you leaned forward at the glowing lights, a flirtatious demon luring you in.

A static screech filled the actor's ears causing him to fall back in pain, disappearing into the box he jumped out of.

When lights faded back into sight, not neon or flashing colours, the group sighed in relief.

"Alright, get out, there are wipes in case you did an accident," the same blue attendant hollered as everyone clambers out. Walking out the ride you flopped around the long sleeves.

"Look at me! I'm so scary!" You make silly faces at Alastor who's smile twists in amusement.

"That you are, my dear," Alastor revels in your small laugh, holding his arm out for you.

~~~

"It's a thing!"

"A thing?"

"A thing from the second episode of Helluva boss! But this is a much better version of the thing," Upon the pink planked shelf sat a purple duck with pultruding black and white horns. "One game, please!"

"Sure thing, sugar," dismissing the demon's flirt, you pick up the rifle.

"You'll miss," Alastor sings as you raise the weapon.

"Blah blah blah, I won't miss," But you did, the rubber bullet bounced off the wall and hit Husk in the face. "Sorry, Husk!"

"Told you," when you paid for another game, Alastor slipped beside you, fixing the posture and position you were in. "Now breathe, don't hold it in,"

A breath escapes you, shaky from the closeness. Alastor rested his cheek beside yours and curled his finger over yours, moving the gun up slightly, his grin widening which you felt.

"And... shoot," he breathed out as you did, the bullet hitting the can sending them tumbling down. "There we go," Alastor stood up properly as the stand owner tosses you the thing.

"Woohoo!" You cuddle the squishy plush against your chest and take in the scent of... sulfur. "Gross... it smells like sulfur,"

"I'll wash it for you," Niffty holds out a hazard bag which you chuckle at and place in the toy.

"Thank you, Niffty... You have fun in there, Sir Thingerton,"

"Sir Thingerton?" Alastor muses.

"Sir Thingerton the second," you express as if it changed anything. "A very distinguished gentleman,"

"Indeed," Alastor hums, his smile softening.

~~~

Why yes, I did make the meme above

And yes it did take forever to find a good picture of Alastor's head from behind

- Anna ❤️