Chapter 18 - Gorgeous

"Y/n, my dear, it's dinner time," Alastor knocked twice on your door before opening up to see you leaning above a painting to fix the subjects eye.

"Can't. Busy. Food isn't important," you breathe out as you added detail to the reflection.

"Food is very important," He goes to place the bowl of lasagna on the desk only for you to gasp. "What?"

"Don't ruin my work space!" You whine, moving the paint brush back to it's spot before Al pushed it away.

"Y/n..."

"Go feed Sir Thingerton," you point to the plush on your bed. "He hasn't eaten,"

"He doesn't need food, you do," Alastor cut into the pasta and lifted to hand the fork over.

"Mm... fine," opening your mouth his eyes roll. You gave no reaction, too focused on the detailed clothing. A chair pushed itself under him as he waited patiently until you finished chewing.

"You have something..." finally meeting eyes with him, he pointed to your lips which you wipe away. "Let me get it," he smiles as you frantically wiped your lips, stopping to stare shocked when he kissed you softly.

"Y/n," Charlie shook you out of sleep making your s/c skin turn strawberry red.

"W-what?"

"Sorry to wake you from your... dream," she smirks. "But I was wondering if you could host the auction? You know, call out prices and stuff?"

"Why can't you do it?" rubbing your painted fists against your eyes, Charlie sighs.

"Vaggie said I'll burst into song if I do it,"

"She's not wrong..." You chuckle. "I'd happily do it,"

"Great!" her warm hug lasted quite some time. "Ok you can go back to your dream about kissing Al,"

"Wh- What??"

"You talk in your sleep, Y/n,"

"I wasn't- I wouldn't- Don't tell anyone!"

"Lips sealed!" She calls from the door before closing it, skipping down the hall.

~~~

Today was the day to decide whether or not the plan would work. Charlie was frantic, decorating the ballroom for the auction while Vaggie did her best to calm her girlfriend.

While chaos ensued you had just gotten out the shower, hearing a knock at the door while you rummaged through your closet.

"We're coming in!" Angel and a new comer come through making you scream bloody murder.

"Angel, what the hell?!- Holy shit!"

Cherri bomb grinned from beside Angel, holding up outfits. "Hey, sweets," Cherri tosses the clothes onto your bed as Nuggs curls up in them. "You're the one from a different world or whatever?"

"Mhm," You nod quickly as she clicks her tongue.

"Cool, let's get you ready,"

"What? I was just going to wear this," when you held up the blouse and jeans, Angel and Cherri burst into laughter in the same manner they burst through your door. "What?"

"We were thinking something more classy,"

"More fab,"

"Get the boys to really pay attention," They stalk over as you cowered against the bed.

~~~

"Isn't this too much?" You mumble, tossing around the fabric.

"Nope!"

Landing sight on yourself, you've never looked this dressed up. Your hair was done, makeup just as flawless, and the dress you wore? It was gorgeous, simple but gorgeous.

Reaching the floor, the sleeves fell off your shoulders like a shawl hugging tight to you. F/c fabric ran high from the front to reach the floor at the back; not dragging but just dusting. Laced hems itched against your skin but you chose to ignore it.

Strap heels looped around your legs to your knees. Thankfully these weren't uncomfortably high.

"Don't fuck this up, toots!" Angel calls as you leave.

"Thanks for the support, Angel!"

(Feel free to change any of this if you want)

~~~

Clenching and unclenching your fists you fought the urge to run back to your room. Peering down the stairs you see everyone talking, waiting until the clock struck four so Charlie would let them into the ballroom.

Alastor was humming a tune, annoying the shit out of Husk as usual, he wore a top hat and a mended version of his overcoat. Other than that he looked the same but you could help but stare.

Nuggs trotted up to your side as you lent against the wall just by the stairs.

"Hey, Nuggs, aren't you looking dapper?"

He oinks in agreement, his bowtie glimmering bright. Another oink and he tugged your dress to the stairs.

"We're going to do this together, huh?" He oinked supportingly in return. "Alright,"

One deep breath in, and out. You clicked your heels down the wooden steps as Nuggs hopped down beside you. A small laugh from you caught the attention of Alastor instantly.

Pupils dilated as he immediately took off his hat, his fingers drumming at the rim.

You bent down to pick a struggling pig up, holding the animal close as you looked to Alastor. Turning red at the sight of his staring you nearly trip over your feet, gaining balance using the railing before quickly finishing your journey down the stairs.

"Hey..." You place down Nuggs who tried to jump to Husk.

"You look gorgeous," Alastor muttered, a soft smile you weren't used to on his face.

"Thanks, Al," You froze up as he took your hand, kissing it softly, eyes kept on yours. "You don't look too bad,"

"Thank you, my dear,"

Husk was the first to break the lingering silence caused by you and Alastor giving each other goo-goo eyes. "Get a room,"

"We weren't- I wasn't-" As you stumbled over words, Alastor just smacked Husk on the back.

"Always the joker, Husker!"

"Bitch," he rubs his sore back.

~~~

I am suffering why isn't Al real??

- Anna ❤️