Chapter 16 - Ideas

"Next step," taking a hair tie, you crawl behind him and tie his hair back.

"What are you doing?" Husk's yell of fright answered the question as Angel put a face mask on him. "I don't think so," Alastor pushed away the brush.

"Come on, Al! Please~!" You turn around to face him on your knees, a pout on your face, eyes as big as possible. "Please!" a conflicted smile passed his face, a defeated sigh escaping his lips.

"Fine," he freezes up as the cold mask met his face, the soft brush glossing his face in a green paste.

"Cute," You put away the brush as the mask hid his blush. Moving beside him once your mask was on, you pulled a scary face which only caused Alastor to poke your nose. "Rude,"

Another movie was placed on as you curled next to him, placing a blanket on top of you both. The Radio Demon's heart skipped one too many beats he should have been in double hell.

For you? Well, you didn't know what came over you to do such a thing, yes it was a platonic gesture but it hinted as something more... right?

The moment Alastor placed an arm around you, you leaned a head on his shoulder, trying to calm the racing heart pounding against your chest. Studio Ghibli was on the menu but you weren't hungry. You were too focused on the soft tapping Alastor did to match the soundtrack, it was honestly adorable but your mouth refused to state so.

~~~

One too many movies later, with masks washed off, everyone was fast asleep leaving just you and Alastor fighting for consciousness. Charlie and Vaggie were curled up against the beanbag from their room, Husk and Angel were on the couch, curled up tight, finally, Niffty and Nuggs were on a pile of blankets.

You had moved with Alastor onto your bed, not minding how cuddly you both had become throughout the night.

What movie was playing? You had no idea. You didn't care because you were too focused on tracing back the creeping lines from Alastor's hand to his upper arm. Like blackened shadows waiting to take over.

His coat was laid over a chair, his shirt sleeves uncuffed and loosely rolled back to allow this. Heart was calm, not rapid like before. Through your hair ran his free hand, head resting against your crown, sighing at the soft scent.

It wasn't even noticed by Al that you switched off the picture show, his eyes shut and focusing on his breathing. Serenity is what this felt like... a longed feeling he hasn't experienced since his childhood.

"I'm going to sleep," your almost inaudible mumble made his smile soften.

"Of course, love," despite his sudden nickname change, what shocked him was when you placed a kiss against his lips.

He sat shocked until a blinding light hit his closed eyelids. A wet lick against his nose made his eyes snap open.

"Get off me, pig, before I eat you," Alastor snarls making Nuggs squeal and dash off the bed. His eyes scanned the room, everyone was still in their spots like he had seen in his dream... Was that all a dream? He didn't know but his eyes landed on you sleeping on the other side of the bed.

Cuddled against the pillows, your chest rose and fell, a sight just as calming as the one he had of you in his arms...

Damn his wretched mind for thinking up such a thing.

~~~

"Ok, everyone we need a plan, how can we get more people to come to the hotel?" Charlie held the blueberry scented white board marker, uncapped and waiting for ideas.

Niffty rose her hand. "Oh! oh! How about a car wash?"

"This is hell, Millie, no one cares about cars being clean, oh oh, what about a billboard?" you mumble quietly to yourself, sketching out random things. "We can't afford a billboard sir... Helpful, Moxxie, really glad you're in the room right now..."

"I have to agree with Y/n... and whatever the rest of that was..." Charlie tips back and forth on her toes. "No one really wants to clean their car..."

"How about a sexy car wash?" You quip, jokingly.

"Toots, you read my mind-"

"I was joking, Angel," The spider frowns at you. Mindlessly drag your stylus across the screen you end up with a scribble which seemed to click an idea into your head. "Auction..."

"What was that, my dear?" Alastor tilts his head from beside you.

"An auction! Denizens of hell love buying cool stuff, an Auction will do just that!"

"That's a great idea! But where would we get things?" Charlie started to swipe words across the board.

"We all have things we don't want anymore, we can sell what's valuable, donate the things that aren't," Leaning back in the chair you do the quickest sketch for an Ad you have ever done. "Colour and actual line art will help but here's a sketch,"

 "Colour and actual line art will help but here's a sketch,"

(Yesh I made that too... yay?)

Charlie takes a look and bursts into full blown excitement. "This is going to be great, Y/n!"

"We can provide food and stuff... I'm sure Al and Niffty would be happy to cook?"

"Quite right, my dear," Al nods as Niffty stands on her chair to salute.

"We have some stuff in storage we can check out," Charlie pulled Angel and Vaggie up.

"My abode is littered with things I could do without... Shall we?" Alastor lends his arm out for you.

"We shall, good sir," You take it as a portal opened.

"Husker, Niffty my dear, would you care to join?"

"Yes, sir!" Niffty rushed off, coming back with a cleaning kit. "Knowing you, your house is going to be dusty,"

Alastor rolled his eyes as Husk threw out his empty bottle which Niffty caught and disposed of properly.

~~~

T-T

T-T

- Anna ❤️