Epilogue

• Dedicated to All My Supportive Fans

Epilogue

Mitchel’s mother stood in the door for a long moment, a happy silence sitting between mother and son. She gave a curt nod and left the room smiling. Just as Mitchel began to stand and crawl into Noel’s lap, she burst back in spontaneously, causing Mitchel to jump into his boyfriend.

“What?” Mitchel asked, annoyed that she had ruined another moment between the pair.

“I forgot to tell you Ellie and Jordan called me earlier about coming over. I told them it was fine and they should be coming any moment now. I can tell them you’re busy if you want some time alone.” She said, slurring the last words to be more suggestive. Mitchel looked at Noel, silently apologizing, who just giggled in return.

“No it’s fine. Tell them to come up when they get here.”

“We won’t be doing anything too bad.” Noel said, sneakily putting his hand furthest away from his boyfriend’s mother under Mitchel’s bum, squeezing lightly. Mitchel tensed quickly and looked down angrily at Noel, smiling cheekily at Mitchel’s mom.

“Okay boys.” She left as Mitchel swiveled on Noel’s lap, turning so that their bodies faced and leaning in close, their chests and stomachs flat against one another’s. Mitchel pushed his weight onto Noel, who tried to remain upright until Mitchel made it obvious he wanted to lay on top of him by putting his arms down on the bed behind Noel. The pair dropped, their lips connecting and hands roaming freely as they hit the mattress with a creaky thump. Their kiss was sweet, but filled with desire as their hands roamed across their bodies, Mitchel tangling his fingers in Noel’s hair and groping his bum freely while Noel held Mitchel tightly by his hips and grabbed the front of his shirt fiercely, pulling the material as far as he could to get some closer contact between their two bodies. Mitchel held Noel down by lying over his entire body and while sitting back on his knees to prevent Noel from switching sides. Noel’s legs dangled loosely over the edge of the bed, enjoying Mitchel’s newfound confidence. Their pace and intensity weakened as they heard Mitchel’s mother greeting Ellie and Jordan downstairs.

“Should we go down?” Noel asked, Mitchel still sprawled across his chest, lips only  a pucker apart.

“No, they’ll come up like they always do. But maybe we should be a little more restrained when they come in.” Mitchel joked, sliding off Noel to lay beside him, locking their hands together. Mitchel loved holding Noel’s soft hands in his. They were smaller and thinner and it made what they had more real; made Mitchel feel like he had finally got a relationship right. He had held Ellie’s hands but it was never quite the same as warming Noel’s with his heated fingers or being equally dominate.

The pair sat up as a knock came to the door before both Ellie and Jordan sauntered into the room, visibly happy to see Noel already there. They didn’t notice that the two had their hands interlocked as they fell hidden behind Noel’s legs, so they tried to send covert facial expressions to see if Mitchel had spilled his secrets yet. Both Noel and Mitchel looked at each other in amused confusion at their antics then raised their hands to show them that they were together. Much to Mitchel’s surprise, they looked at each other delighted and a chorus of ‘I told you’ or ‘See’ or ‘I knew it would happen,’ flew out of their mouths, faster than he could understand.

Ellie gave up on Jordan and turned to the boys, “I’m so happy for you two!” She ran forward and hugged both of them together before they could even raise their arms, pinning them down.

“What?” Mitchel said, squeezed in her hug. “I thought you and Jordan were done with me.” Ellie pulled back, looking both confused and sympathetic, before pulling Mitchel only close for a loving embrace. She rubbed his back gently.

“We aren’t going to abandon you just because you’re gay. We like you, we’re friends and you being with Noel isn’t going to change that. Especially cause Noel is a good guy too!” She smiles at Noel then goes serious. “But don’t you dare hurt him. Just because we aren’t a couple doesn’t mean I won’t protect him. I will go all crazy ex-girlfriend on you.” Ellie said, trying to intimidate Noel by moving in on him. Noel just stood still until he couldn’t hold it anymore and burst out into infectious giggles that got everyone in the room laughing. As soon as they had calmed, Ellie put her two fingers up to her eyes then pointed to Noel, saying ‘I’m watching you.’ Jordan moved her aside before things got really ugly instead of jokingly vicious.

“Hey we’re all happy here. We’re glad Mitchel found his love, even if he wasn’t what we expected. I think us three expected it to be her.” Jordan flicked his head towards Ellie.

“Thanks for that.”

“Anyways, I think we all should be clear that no matter how happy this room is there are people outside this room that will be really vicious, really cruel. Be prepared is all I’m saying.” Jordan moved out beside Ellie, to lean on the dresser, watching Noel and Mitchel give each other a weary look.

Mitchel knew that no matter how great they were together, how much love they shared, people were going to be mean and going to try to tear them apart. They would tell them how disgusting they are, how immoral, how they are destroying the idea of love, maybe someday the sanctity of marriage. They will try to take away their rights, bully them to death, maybe kill them outright. He could see in Noel’s eyes the same worries, elevated because Noel went through that. Mitchel felt his head drop onto Noel’s chest, despair at everything he wasn’t ready to handle waiting for him to take one step outside. Mitchel started to silently cry out of fear until he felt Noel’s arms come around his waist and pull him closer. In that moment Mitchel knew that no matter what happened he had Noel.

And that was all that he needed to get by. He had the boy he had fallen in love with when he was young.

AN: So it is done my friends and you have just read exactly 50000 words. Give yourselves a nice pat on the back for sticking with it all the way, even when it got terrible (which it did, no lie). It was a fun experience to write a novel for the first time and it only fueled more interest from me. GET READY WATTPAD CAUSE HERE I COME!!! Thanks for reading and if you liked it pass it along.