Surviving

We leave as soon as we can. We run most of the way and contemplate whether to go into airport to try to find supplies but go against it as a lot of noise could be heard from inside. We find a mall, or shopping centre as Leo would call it. Joe instantly goes into a clothes store. He drops everything and disappears further into the store. That's when I hear a scream and then a gunshot. I grab all the knives I can hold in my hand and run in the direction Joe went. Then all of sudden, he runs towards me, shouting at me to run. I'm confused but do so anyway.

I leave the shop and look behind to see Joe half running, half putting his bag on. I turn around and collide with another zombie. He turns around and groans, alerting his 9 other friends, and yes I did count them.

I grab Joe by the collar and make him hide behind a counter. "It's smells like perfume." Joe gestures around him and I can see we're in a beauty parlor. I roll my eyes at him. "How many zombies did you see?" Joe looks at me as if I was crazy, "maybe 10 or 20. I don't know, I was too busy running to stop and count. I want to live. What about you?" He looks at me directly in the eyes.  "10." He smack his head. "You counted them? Leo said to survive remember?"

"Leo isn't here now." He goes to say something. "And no she's not in my heart and if you were going to say that I'm using you as bait." He looks at me and smiles. "Definitely don't know what you mean. Wasn't going to say anything." I shake my head and look over the counter. "That's what I  thought. Maybe we could shoot 25 to 30 each.' Joe's eyes widen in horror. "We are so dead."

I pick up a long sharp looking object from the floor and hold it up. Joe taps it with his new found gun. "Here's to surviving." At the same time we attack a zombie. "Two down and a whole lot more to go." All the zombies are now attracted to us like we're catnip and their the cat.

"Let's do this."