Chapter 14 - Is That...My Mate?!?!

Saxon's P.O.V.

     Damn it! Why is Cassidy so hard to crack?! Every question I seem to ask doesn't affect her, all she does is stare straight into my eyes with no emotion flickering through her eyes or face. Well, this is the longest she's ever stared straight into my eyes ever since that fight between her and the wolves that imposed as us. My dad hasn't had any connection as to why or how those wolves could alter our scent and looks.

     "Never Have I Ever...lied when I said I love you," said Cassidy, looking straight into my eyes. The next minute made me sick with myself. I had no idea what came over me to do this, but I brought the cup up to my lips and drank all the Vodka; staring into Cassidy's eyes the whole time. I watched as she finally crumbled down and let the emotions flicker through her. Rage, anger, and pain. Her emotions stopped on pain. Damn it! What is wrong with me!? Everyone seemed to stay quiet after I finished my drink.

     Cassidy sucked a breath through her mouth and stood up. "It's getting late, I'm going to go," she whispered. I quickly stood up and followed after her.

     "Wait! Cass!" I shouted after her, she didn't stop. I continued to follow her, it seemed as if she was running away from me. I couldn't blame her, I made a mistake. I only drank the Vodka because I wanted to crack her, I wanted her to show me some type of emotion, but yet, I still hurt her by doing so.

      "Cass! Wait! Let me-," I started once we reached outside the house. She turned around and glared at me through her glassy eyes. She was crying but yet she was trying hard not to let the tears fall.

     "No Saxon. Stop. There's no explaining for what just happened. You never loved me. This was some kind of sick joke, wasn't it?" she asked.

     "Cass-," I started.

     "Damn it, Saxon! Just leave me alone. I never should've let you through the walls I built up around my heart. I knew you would always be the player I met months ago. I should've known," she said, shaking her head at herself.

     "No, Cass. I swear-," I started.

     "Don't call me that! Just go and fuck one of your whore buddies and leave me alone," she stated. I don't know why I got angry, but I regretted the words as they came out of my mouth.

     "Fine! I will! Your right, I never loved you, and I never will! If you thought you could change me, then you had some type of fantasy then!" I shouted. I grabbed a girl's hand as she walked past me and I kissed her hard, showing Cassidy I didn't need her love, mate or not. The girl's lips felt different...they weren't Cassidy's lips, which are smooth and soft, the girl's lips were chapped and rough. The girl moaned and tried to get me to open up, but I pulled away before she could even do that. I looked over to where Cassidy was and saw her anger in her eyes disappear, but left back the pain. I watched as she clenched her jaw and looked away from me, but I wasn't that stupid. I watched the tears roll down her cheeks as she tried hard not to face me.

     Suddenly, my mouth dropped open when I finally realized what I had just done. I looked at Cassidy, to the girl in my arms, and back to Cassidy.

     "Cass, I didn't-," I started. I stopped talking when Cassidy shook her head, turned around and walked away.

     I woke up the next morning when I heard banging on my bedroom door. I groaned and held my hand up to my head, ah, fuck. Hangovers seriously suck. I got up from my bed, slowly adjusting myself. I walked over towards my bedroom door and opened it. There stood there in-front of me was my mom, dad, Peter, Nick, Leo, Seth, Alpha Nelson, Luna Nelson, and Lilly. I definitely didn't miss the looks on their faces, they look like they're ready to kill.

     "What?" I asked.

     "What the fuck is wrong with you?!" shouted Leo. Ouch. My head.

     "Whoa, calm down bro', I have a serious hangover and your making it worse," I said. I really hoped that last night was just a dream, or else I seriously have some big making up to do for a certain someone; well, more like a certain mate.

     "Ugh, I had the worst dream ever last night," I stated while walking back into my room and into my bathroom. Everyone let themselves into my room as I took a pill from the Advil bottle from my cabinet and swallow it with some water.

     "It wasn't a dream, Saxon. You really did those things and said those things to Cass last night," stated Peter. My eyes went wide as I spit out my water, choking myself.

     "W-What!?" I sputtered. Looking at everyone with wide eyes and my mouth open, water dripping from it.

     Everyone nodded. "It really happened," confirmed my father, looking quite angry. It couldn't have happened, right? I would never...would I? Damn it! Why am I so damn stupid?!

     "You tell me," said Seth. Did I just say that out loud?

     "Yes," everybody said at the same time. I cursed under my breath and quickly exited my room.

     "Wait, where are you going?!" shouted everybody at the same time.

     "To look for Cassidy. She's always around the woods, somewhere," I stated. No one replied back, but I heard their shuffling of feet behind me, notifying me that they were following behind me. Once I reached the woods, I made sure everyone was silent so I could listen for any sounds. I continued to walk further into the woods until I heard bushes rustling. I quickly dismissed it, since it could've been a rabbit or a squirrel. That was a mistake.

     Out of no where, hunters and rogues shot out of the trees, taking us down one by one. As a hunter shot my leg, I finally noticed how many hunters and rogues were here. They definitely out numbered us. Peter, Nick, Leo, Seth, Alpha Nelson, my dad, and I were all injured; which means we were in no condition to shift or fight. Luna Nelson, my mom, and Lilly weren't fighters so they couldn't do anything.

     "Well, well, well, looky at what we have here. Alpha Nelson and Alpha Right. Luna Nelson and Luna Right. Oh! We also have the future Beta and future Alpha," sneered a hunter. The hunters all sneered at us while the rogues pulled back their mouths and growled at us.

     "Oh! Look John, we also have Little miss Lilly," spat another hunter. The hunter, A.K.A John, walked over towards Lilly and yanked her out of Luna Nelson's grasp.

     "Mommy!" she wailed.

     "Shut it!" yelled one hunter.

     I tried to get up but a hunter pushed me back down.

     "Uh, uh, uh, I don't think so. You're not going anywhere," sneered a hunter.

~~Cassidy's P.O.V.~~

     I watched as the hunter pushed Saxon back down and say something to him, but I couldn't focus on that. All I could focus on was Alpha Nelson begging me with his eyes to come out and show myself. He was the only one who can see me, since he was used to me hiding in the shadows.

     "Anybody have a shot or kill?" I asked under my breath. I had no available shot. Too many hunters and rogues were scattered around, meaning if I attack one, then I will get injured by another.

     "No," came their chorused answer. Fuck!

     "Cass...the only way is too...step out of the shadows and show ourselves, it's clear enough that none of us can go any longer," muttered Lucas.

     I sighed. "Let me go first. You guys stay back until the fight officially starts."

     "Agreed," they all answered. I sighed and grabbed an arrow and locked it into my bow.

     "Here goes nothing," I said.

~~Saxon's P.O.V.~~

     I gulped as I saw the hunter drag a knife down Lilly's arm, letting the trail of blood drip down her fingers. She screamed out in pain, but none of us could move.

     "Let her go," sneered a familiar female voice. My head snapped behind me. Holy shit! It was Cassidy!