24

Jungkook looked around in his surroundings while Taehyung was driving through that area. They entered a posh area full of big and glamorous houses. The trees in every house's garden were giving a fresh vibe as the locality was neat, clean, and full of greenery and freshness. It was quiet around them so only their bike's voice could be heard so loudly.

After a few more minutes, Taehyung stopped outside of a big white house. Jungkook looked at it in awe as to how much time could have spent to make it so beautiful.

"Come!" Taehyung said to Jungkook holding his hand. They entered the big entrance gate and passed through the narrow entrance road covered with green belt from both sides to reach the main gate of the house. Jungkook was quiet for the whole time wondering where Taehyung brought him.

Taehyung opened the door to the house without any hesitation and then Jungkook came to know that this house belonged to someone Taehyung already knew. The hallway was beautifully decorated with creative hangings and sculptures. The sofa set in the middle was giving a beautiful vibe to it however something felt weird to Jungkook.

Jungkook followed behind Taehyung towards an area which looked like an office area. Taehyung opened a door to the room with a translucent mirror door. There Jungkook saw a man in his 50s sitting on the big chair behind the big table filled with files and work. He had a resemblance of Taehyung or you could say Taehyung has a resemblance of him. While Jungkook was wondering who he was Taehyung said, "He's my father."

Jungkook wide-eyed saw him in shock. His father looked at both of him for a few seconds and continued working. Taehyung closed the door back without giving any greetings to him and leaving that area.

Jungkook asked, "Huh? Was that your dad? I haven't even introduced myself and you didn't even greet him."

"Don't mind him, we are not on good terms. He also doesn't even care, and he's not dead." Taehyung said sternly the last words.

Taehyung headed upstairs as Jungkook followed behind. Taehyung stopped at a door looking at it for a while and Jungkook observed him.

Taehyung had an expression which was clearly saying that ' it takes so much energy to open this door and this heavy feeling of guilt is making me weaker'. After a while he took a big breath and sighed, holding his hand up to touch the knob of it.

When the door opened, both entered in it together while Taehyung got lost in observing everything there. Jungkook was only observing him.

"It's been so long I've come here. It's still the same."

Jungkook was wondering why so long? And whose room is this? While these thoughts were running in his mind he observed his surroundings. Everything in that room was neatly placed , not a single thing was lying messily. Even the bedsheets didn't have any crease, it felt like someone was regularly cleaning it. Right beside the bed, there was a huge dressing table which had a beautiful round mirror with white flowers engraved on its circumference. On the dressing table, different beauty products and jewelry sets were placed neatly appreciating the beauty of that corner.

Taehyung picked one of the beauty product mainly a moisturizer and opened it to smell the scent of it.
"It's the same, the scent is the same as her." He placed it back neatly.

Jungkook observed that right above the bed on the wall, there was a three-piece painting which depicted 'a devotee giving in to the Lord'. On the right side of the bed, there was a window which was covered with dark solid gray curtains and most of the furnishing was of dark solid gray color which matched the white walls of the room.

Under that curtain , there was a small table which had different things placed there. It felt like a small worship place having all those god figures and incenses with different Lord worshiping things.

"It's my mother's room." Taehyung said while looking at a photo frame on the wall showing the same person in that frame at Taehyung's dorm room.

"She was beautiful..." Jungkook commented.

Taehyung sighed , "let's go! "

"Uh? Where to?"

"Just come!"

Taehyung dragged Jungkook out of that room and then they entered a different room with different vibes coming out of it. The room was not cleaned even though the things were placed tediously. Dirt was clearly visible wherever they were touching. Jungkook noticed a small photo frame on a small cabinet beside that single size bed which had a figure resembling Taehyung's features. Jungkook figured out it was Taehyung's childhood photo. The same smile was there but the difference was it was genuine in the photo.

"You looked cute in childhood." Jungkook complimented.

"I was rather a funky kid , always smiling and making troubles." Taehyung smiled looking at his old picture.

Jungkook smiled and looked around, his eyes landed on the wooden wardrobe cabinet. Dirt was undoubtedly evenly spread on every corner of its outer surface. "Can I open it?" He asked.

Taehyung nodded while he continued to look at his study table right under the window.

When Jungkook opened the cabinet, he saw a shattered mess of clothes, they were mostly small hoodies and jeans which a teenage kid might wear in his school life. He surely loves hoodies.... Under the pile of that clothes, Jungkook's eyes landed on that white cloth which he surely knew what it was for. He pulled it out from the pile and saw that it had blood stains in it. That Taekwondo uniform had blood stains which were by now fainted and changed color.

He met with an accident in his childhood right?

"Hmm? My uniform! Oh god , here you are. It's been so long I've worn my uniform. After I quit Taekwondo, I forgot it even existed." Taehyung smiled while appreciating his uniform.

"Quit? Why though?"

"Hmmm... I'll tell you. Let's go."

"Ahhh sure but lemme take little Taehyung sir with me." And with that Jungkook picked that photo frame to take it with him as Taehyung smiled on his actions. I'm literal here and you're really preferring that Taehyung over me.

"I like his smile but if you can provide me with the same I might leave him here. "

Taehyung wide-eyed said, "You can literally read my mind."

Jungkook just smiled following behind Taehyung.