Prepare for battle

ChatGPT
Willby: "There he is!"
Namey: "What the hell? Is this supposed to be the guy who is going to help classify my class?"
Skull: "Mortal, thou shalt show respect to thine elders."
Namey: "Creepy. Anyway, what's your name, skull... dude?"
Sauron: "My name is Sauron."
Namey: "Nice to meet you, Sauron. So, I'm guessing you kind of know why I am here?"
Sauron: "I haven't the slightest."
Namey: "What happened to your medieval talk?"
Sauron: "Comes and goes, but what is your business here?"
Willby: "This human somehow has an unknown class, and we are here to determine what it might be. Since it is vital and key to his growth as a character within this Construct."
Namey: "You mean the game, right?"
Willby: "Riiight."
Namey: "Anyways, is it possible that you could help me, or...?"
Sauron: "Yes, but that includes a trial."
Namey: sighs "Well, I guess that is to be expected. Is it possible for me to do it at level 1?"
Sauron: "The trial cares not for the power of a being's physical prowess."
Namey: "So, that is a yes?"
Sauron: "Indeed."

I followed Sauron to the location where he showed me the trial would take place. I started to grow a bit anxious about what the trial could be since he mentioned it doesn't care about me physically. That could only mean that the trial would be a test of the mind. I had no idea what I could possibly face within the trial.

Sauron: "We have arrived at the prism gate of the trial."
Namey: "I guess I have no choice in the matter. Let's just dive in headfirst."

I walked through the gate only to be greeted by a memory from my past. I immediately sighed as I knew exactly which memory it was, but I had no idea how I would be tested.

Mom: "Hi Ludwig, I hope you had a great day at school today!"
Ludwig: "Thank you, mother. Is there anything I could do for you?"
Mom: "Not at the moment, but go ahead and check if your dad is alright."

I walked into the garage and saw my dad tinkering with his machines. He was always good at building stuff, while I was only good at imagining it. He would always be the one to put it all together. My mother always encouraged me to help think of what machine my dad could build next. He was a good engineer, and I was a good inventor.

Dad: "Hey kiddo, did you have a good day at school?"
Ludwig: "Yeah, I did, Dad. Thank you."
Dad: "You know how you are always so obsessed with the idea of an automated turret and other things automated with your inventions?"
Ludwig: "Yeah?"
Dad: "I have built many inventions before, but yours has always been the most challenging and rewarding."
Ludwig: "Thank you, Dad."

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a goblin appeared and threatened my mom. This wasn't what I remembered. I realized that this was where the trial started.

Dad: "Son! You need to think of an invention and make it appear before you to help solve this problem!"
Ludwig: "What?!"
Dad: "Think!"
Ludwig: "Alright! Alright!"

I started thinking about how a spring-like trap with a spear mounted on top would be ideal to kill the goblin. With precision, it could swiftly deal with the goblin and save my mom.

Goblin: snarls "Hahaha, your mother dies here, pathetic human."

The spear-like invention started to take form, and within seconds, it was operational. The goblin activated the spring-like trap and got hit by the spear.

Goblin: coughs "I will get you... one day." dies

Well, that just happened. It took me a couple of seconds to realize that I had created an invention out of thin air. It would have taken my father a few days to build, but in my mind, it was milliseconds. I was shocked at how well it performed and exactly as I had envisioned. I immediately started wondering about the limits of this newfound power. But before I could say anything more to my parents about what happened, the trial started pushing me out, as if I had completed it. I realized that my amazing power was the gift of an inventor. It was almost comical to think that both my parents had contributed to my class. I was thankful because it was like having cheats in this game.

Sauron: "So, mortal, what have you learned within the trial?"
Namey: "I am an inventor. Anything I can think of creating will be spawned from my mind."
Willby: "What an interesting power. Would you care to demonstrate?"
Namey: "Sure!"

I wondered what I could create to show as a demonstration, and I decided to recreate the spear trap. I wanted to show how it contracts and expands to kill its victim. I started imagining and creating the spear trap again. I steered clear of its lunge angle and activated the trap. It disarmed and lunged with incredible speed, enough to mortally wound anything small.

Sauron: "I have never seen anything like this class before."
Willby: "Me neither, and we have both experienced almost everything."
Namey: "Well... almost."

I checked the timer of the invention to see how long it would stay active. It lasted for 24 hours. I was stunned. "I have a 10-second cooldown to create something this lethal," I thought to myself. Reaching level 10 would be a breeze.

Namey: "How many experience points is a goblin worth?"
Sauron: "You killed a goblin within the trial?"
Namey: "Yes, with this invention."
Sauron: "Hmm."
Namey: "What is it?"
Sauron: "Nothing."
Namey: "Alright, well, I have to go anyway. I don't know when that tournament is going to start, and it's already late again. I have no idea where to go to sleep or anything."
Willby: "We will find lodging closer to the edge of town, so we can start hunting down some mobs early on."
Namey: "Sounds like a plan. Are you going to teleport again or...?"
Willby: "Read my mind."

Willby teleported, and I found myself outside a BnB lodge.

Namey: "Well, nothing like a good breakfast to start your day, but for now, we have to book in and sleep for tonight."
Willby: "I don't sleep, but go ahead."

I entered the BnB, and a gorgeous-looking woman with full features exclaimed with much excitement, "Welcome to the Golden Eagle! I'll be your innkeeper. My name is Beatrice."

Namey: stutters "Woah, how much for one night?"

I suddenly realized that Willby hadn't told me how much money I had, and I just hoped I had some sort of starting balance.

Willby: "Do not fret. You have enough for the week, but starting tomorrow, you will probably have some sort of income from slaying monsters."

Namey: whispers "Thanks, Willby."

Beatrice: "Well, that'd be 10 copper."
Namey: "Here." gives 1 silver
Beatrice: "Here's your change." hands me 90 coppers
Namey: thinks to himself "So, it works on a 100-scale. One gold coin would be 100 silver, and one silver would be 100 copper."
Beatrice: "Anything else you might need?"
Namey: "A hearty breakfast in the morning!"
Beatrice: "Well, that is included in the price for your lodging, sir."
Namey: "Oh, thanks."

I still had no idea if this place was expensive or not, as I had no idea how much I would be making as an adventurer. I didn't even bother to check the rewards for defeating a boss at the adventurer's guild. Well, there was no use pondering over such a small matter.

Namey: "Could you possibly show me to my room?"
Beatrice: "But of course!"
Namey: "Thanks."
Beatrice: "Here is your key. You'll be sleeping in this room."

Beatrice walked me over to my room and pointed to the door that matched my key. I opened it and waved thanks as I entered the room. Wow, who would think that today would be such an awesome day? Falls down on the bed.

Willby: "So, is this world to your liking, Namey?"
Namey: "Yeah, tomorrow is going to be the best!"

I quickly dozed off to sleep and woke up in the same bed again. I shouted at the top of my lungs upon waking up, "Thank God this isn't a dream!" So, now I went back downstairs to the innkeeper, Beatrice, as she showed me to my seat to get ready for breakfast.