43- The Hospital

Everything on the way to the hospital was a blur. After the second shot, the police stormed in and you collapsed in the arms of the paramedic who carried you to the ambulance. You were fine, just fainted from stress but still had been checked out to be safe. In the waiting room of the hospital you were a ball of nerves and couldn't sit still. Nessa was cuddled up in Josh's lap like a baby while he rubbed his hand across her back. She was shaking and whimpered:
"I was so scared."

Josh: "Shhh.. just stay here with me and you'll be safe. I gotchu."

Nessa: "I don't want to waste anymore time, Josh."

Josh: "What does that mean?"

Nessa: "I just want to be with you. I'm tired of being scared. I want to be your girlfriend so ask me again."

Josh: "But you said not yet?"

Nessa: "Just ask... please."

Anthony and Avani are cuddled up and it's obvious that the traumatic events of the party bonded them in a way that canceled out the fact that they'd only just met.

Jaden and Mads are sitting next to Anthony and Avani whispering back and forth

Jaden and Mads are sitting next to Anthony and Avani whispering back and forth. This was such a shock to everyone and no one is even remotely ok.

Addison has pulled you down to sit between her and Bryce while Bryce holds you both

Addison has pulled you down to sit between her and Bryce while Bryce holds you both. Any calm they were trying to induce was shattered when an exhausted doctor walked out and straight over to your group.

Dr: "I can't release any real information without family permission and we are still trying to reach them."

You start to break down and Bryce wraps you into a tight hug while Addison looks on grateful for how good he has been to her and you.

Dr: "The police have authorized me to tell you that the shooter has passed away. As for the other two: One just needs stitches and will be out soon, while the other is in surgery."

Bryce: "Can you not tell us which is which?"

Dr: "I'm sorry, not until the family has arrived, but I will tell you that if you believe in prayer... your friend in surgery could use it."

As the doctor disappears behind a double door, everyone begins to cry out loud while Noah stands up and begins to pace. He had been trying to call Dixie's parents repeatedly and so far hadn't any luck. She'd mentioned they were going on an anniversary trip, and he really hoped that this wasn't the week. Even though they had broken up and he'd lashed out at her at the party, he cared about her and only wanted her to be okay. He would even settle for being just friends if she was just okay. He tried to make that little deal with God knowing that he meant every word of it because he loved her that much. He just wanted her healthy and happy.