Chapter 15

"Do you ever feel like our lives revolve around Edward and Bella's relationship?" Lex asked as she hauled a bench across the backyard. There were wedding decorations all over the place, and each one of the Cullen/Hales were in the process of setting up the seating arrangements. 

"It's a wedding," Emmett answered. "I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be like that."

"I meant beyond that," she replied. "Like, I got turned because some vampire was mad at Edward and Bella, and then we had that whole war thing because of that whole situation, and... I don't know, maybe that's a stretch. Never mind."

Rosalie snorted. "No, I think you might be onto something, love. You weren't even here for the time Alice had to come get Bella so that Edward wouldn't get himself killed, or the time when Edward made Alice and Jasper basically kidnap Bella."

"I still don't see it," Emmett said as he easily picked up an enormous log.

Their conversation was halted by Bella stumbling onto the porch wearing heels. 

"Where do you want 'em, boss?" Emmett asked Alice, referring to the logs that he and Rosalie were carrying.

"On either side of the aisle," Alice ordered.

"What aisle?" Rosalie asked, seeming a bit disgruntled about being roped into this whole ordeal.

"Does no one have vision?" Alice huffed in response.

"No, you're the only one who gets visions, Alice," Lex replied humorously. Emmett laughed.

"I thought you were supposed to be the bossy one, Lex," he joked. 

Alice stared at them bemusedly. 

"Sorry," they said, in-sync. The two of them were a dangerous combination. Well, not literally, but their similar senses of humor and childish habits often led to crazy antics and general mischief. They often egged each other on, and on more than one occasion, they had been kicked out of the house for breaking furniture whilst rough-housing. 

"I thought Rosalie was supposed to be the mean one," Emmett whispered to Lex as they resumed their work.

"I heard that," Rosalie snapped as she shoved Emmett aggressively.

"Oh, look at that," Lex laughed as Emmett picked himself off the ground. "She still is."

Rosalie glared at Lex.

"Sorry, Ro... Love you," she grinned at her girlfriend nervously.

"I love you too," Rosalie huffed, sounding a bit annoyed. Lex pecked her on the cheek, and continued with the duties that Alice had bestowed upon them. Given that they had super-strength and speed, they were able to get it done fairly quickly. That was one thing that Lex genuinely appreciated about being a vampire— menial tasks like that became so easy. 

Rosalie and Lex made their way back inside of the house. Lex was uncharacteristically quiet.

"What are you thinking about?" Rosalie asked.

"We've never been on a date," Lex replied. They had been together for a while, they had declared their love for each other, hell, they had basically fought a war together, but they had never been on a real date. 

"Oh, yeah. I guess you're right," Rosalie replied pensively. "Do you want to go on a date?"

"Yes," Lex replied immediately. "And since you asked, you get to plan it."

Rosalie snorted. "You did that on purpose, didn't you?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Lex smirked.