Chapter Twenty Two

Today the inspector comes out to the property to take a look at the barn conversion. Of course with it being a small town and knowing everyone, Mr. Kidd is someone they have known for years.

"Morning Sir," Gunnar shakes his hand.

"Morning, Gunnar,"

"How's it going?"

"Doing good, who is this breath of fresh air?" Inspector Kidd takes Victoria's hand.

"Morning, Mr. Kidd," She says.

"You remember Victoria," Gunna motions.

"My god kids, you are something else! Victoria, it's great to see you again., Man you've grown into a beautiful young lady. I am sorry to hear about Oscar," he offers.

"Thank you, that is very kind," Victoria smiles sweetly at the old man.

"Now let's get down to business. We want to restore the barn into our home. Follow me inside and we will go over the plans and list of people we'd like to use for the restoration," Gunnar guides them inside.

Mr. Kidd is looking around at everything and checking off boxes from his list and adding notes. He asks a few questions but mostly he is just taking notes and listening to them talk.

"Here are our plans with our contractor who approved them and a list of subcontractors we will use," Gunnar offers a written list.

"Looks good, but this building needs a lot of work," Mr. Kidd says.

"We are well aware and ready for the challenge," Victoria proudly states.

"Impressive, Ok, I'll email the permits to the contractor in the next few days and you can get started," he says.

"Really?!" Victoria squeals in excitement. "Thank you so much!"

"Don't mention it. I know Ben will be involved and will keep you kids on track,"

"We know," Gunnar and Victoria say at the same time.

"Thanks For coming and we will talk to you soon!" Gunnar shakes his hand again.

They watch him leave and Gunnar turns to a very excited Victoria and picks her up in a gentle bear hug. "On our way baby!"

"Step 2!"

They start to head back to the parent's house, "The investor from last week wants to take us to dinner with a few people from his board,"

"Ok, you know if you want to drink now or then you are ok to drink," Victoria gives his hand a gentle squeeze. "It doesn't bother me, I trust you,"

"I know but it bothers me. The whole situation still haunts me. They didn't press charges against Jake and Ashley, instead, they froze all their assets. That caused more damage to them. They are living off Ashley's inheritance and parents' assistance now. Mostly I do not want to chance to put us in that position again. You have excellent judgment and I'm going to listen to it first and foremost,"

"Ok," Victoria raises her hands in agreement. "When is dinner?"

"Tomorrow,"

'Sounds good,"

They get back home and spend the evening setting up the initial work that needs to be done to get to the next meeting with Mr. Kidd. The entire evening they can't hold their elation to start on their forever home.

It's the next evening and they are getting ready to head to dinner. They are both nervous that this investment could be something beneficial for the center.