Chapter Five

It's been a week and Victoria has done nothing but work. She took a few extra shifts to save money so she can go visit Gunnar. She talks to him a couple of times a day on the phone or by text but since the reunion, she misses him more. She's seen Josh a few times and he has kept it friendly. Today she is at the surf shop working on a few of the boards and getting them ready for use when Josh walks in.

"Hey, Buddy!" Josh says to Victoria.

"Hey,"

"Good afternoon, what can we help you with?" Isla says with her most customer service voice.

"I have about 5 kids coming into town from an underprivileged area as part of our outreach program. They are learning different aspects of the business from the financial side to construction. All the good things in between, you know? Anyway they have never been to the ocean before and we want to surprise them with a day on the beach and with surf lessons," Josh continues, "So it would be 5 kids and 3 adults. Victoria told me to book through Isla,"

"That's me," She says.

"Wow, really?" Josh smirks at her. His eyes get a little twinkle and he turns his body towards her.

"Yes, now what day were you thinking?" She asks, completely oblivious to what is happening.

"Friday morning? Is that good?" He asks and Isla is nodding her head and looking at the schedule. "Maybe Friday evening you could join me for dinner?"

Isla realizes what is happening and she narrows her eyes at the screen. "Friday morning is booked and Friday night I can't, I'm booked," she says.

"Oh? Date?" Josh asks, a bit deflated.

"With my most favorite person, well people," She responds. "Maybe another time sugar."

"Well, my buddies are coming in with the kids and chaperones. My buddies and I will be at the Captain's Bar Friday night if your favorite people don't show up," Josh tries.

"Maybe, I'll let you know," she says lightheartedly.

"Don't worry I never stand up Isla," Victoria comes to her defense.

The light in his head clicks on, "Girls night!" He says with a smile.

"Bingo!" Victoria responds.

"Well, Captains Bar, Friday, Hope you ladies drop in!" He says.

"We will see, maybe you will get lucky and we will be there," Isla nonchalantly.

"Fingers crossed," Josh waves his crossed fingers in the air, "See you Friday morning Victoria, and I'll see you all Friday night!"

He quickly leaves the building and Isla is screaming after him.

"I NEVER SAID I'D BE THERE!" She tries and fails. "Oh my god, rude!"

"He likes you," Victoria laughs at her friend, "If you want to cancel and jump on his train, by all means, GO!"

"Maybe we will all go?" She asks.

"Whatever, I'm down for a night out so whatever you guys want. I've done nothing but work to save money to see Gunnar," Victoria says.

"I know and this booking for 8 people just gave you the funds over what you were targeting so... Start travel planning!" Isla encourages.

"I am so excited!" Victoria jumps up and down. "Alright let's close up shop. Bartending tonight and Captains tomorrow!"

"I'll text Henley and you pick us up at 8?" Isla asks.

"Perfect!" Victoria says.

They close up shop and Victoria dances around work that night. Excited that she finally has enough money to book a trip to see Gunnar.