Chapter 38

The girl had to wrap her neck back up after what had happened. But, Kanato was still unhappy. He played with Teddy in his lap as he sat on the couch in the office. (Y/n) wanted him to enjoy staying with her for just a bit. Even after what had just happened.

Of course, he was only upset that she didn't harm herself in the way he wanted. Knowing him..

But, (Y/n) still wanted him to enjoy something.

The girl thought for a moment, what's something that he would enjoy. She snapped her fingers with a bright smile. Kanato sent her a questioning look as she stood and walked out the room. Once she closed the office door, he narrowed his eyes and then looked down in sadness.

"She left...Am I really not enough? She got along with that imposter. How am I so different..."

He blinked away his thoughts and softly smiled down at the bear "At least I have you. Right, Teddy.." The stuffed bear stared up at him with the same usual look.

(Y/n) wrapped the small bandage around Azusa's finger. She then gave him a smile, ignoring the purplette.

Why wasn't she paying attention to him? Why isnt she afraid?

Why?

He hated her for disrespecting him and thinking that they were equals. Well, that and the fact that she was around Azusa. Even when she wasn't, he wasn't that far from her. Why should he give her attention to be here when she doesnt even acknowledge him?

Yet, at the same time, he actually wanted her to pay attention to him

But, c'mon now, he wasn't about to admit that

~

(Y/n) slammed the kitchen doors open "When life gives you Sponges, you Bob!"

"...Bitch, what?"

Seriphina stared at her in confusion as she walked over "I know exactly how to make Kanato feel better!" Brookes tilted his head "What does Spongebob have to do with it?" She smiled and held up a bowtie "I only have one thing to say.."

"Oh, Waiter~"

She then covered her mouth as she started coughing. Brookes steadied her while Seriphina went to get some water. "What happened.." She made grabbing motions with her hand and hesitantly touched her neck. "I-I--ACK!" She fell back into a coughing fit as Brookes stared at her, eyes full of worry.

A tch was heard as a glass cup was smacked down on the counter near the two "..That bitch..." Brookes waved his hand around "No, it's alright. Just...Don't speak, that will work" (Y/n)'s face slumped. She really wanted to scream the words at her brother.. Now, she cant since someone fucked up her throat.

~

The purplette walked in the hall with an empty expression.

Ever since (Y/n) had left, he had grown bored and wanted to leave earlier than usual. His little 'toy' was no where for him to play with so, why stay there for any longer? An echo of fast footsteps were coming his way behind him.

He lift his head and looked back to see the mature (h/c), a happy smile on her face. Kanato sent her a glare but it turned into a surprised look as she grabbed his wrist and kept running forward, dragging him with her. Kanato gripped Teddy tighter so he wouldn't fall.

"What're you doing?! Let go of me!"

(Y/n) looked back him and shook her head. Kanato grit his teeth as she dragged him all the way to the stairs and soon the kitchen.

She pulled him over to a counter where two stools sat. She let go of Kanato with a soft smile. He looked to her for an explanation but a new voice came.