Epilogue

Word Count: 1441

¬Rosie

Six Months Later.

Resting my hand against the force of the wind, I battle through thick ploughs of snow, a few logs of cut wood tucked under my arms.

Time and I have been staying at a cabin of his in a nearby territory for the past few weeks, enjoying a change of environment, even if it means unsavoury weather at the best of times. Right now a blizzard is rolling in, so while Time makes dinner inside, I've dashed outside to get enough wood to get us through the night.

As the sun sets, I cross what would be our backyard that is buried beneath a thick layer of fluffy white snow, the ice melting into my pants as I struggle back.

Even as the wind picks up, I take a moment to admire the sun setting over the tops of the distant mountains, staining the white canvas with hues of tangerine and violet. Moving here was important for us, I believe. We needed time away from people, from the life we were living. Here, we have been able to focus purely on us.

Suddenly my leg gives out beneath me, slipping on a hidden slab of ice under the snow. Toppling over, the wood tumbles from my arms, falling back down the slope while my arms come out to brace myself so I don't fall face first into sharp ice.

Pain lances through me as I land on my hands and my right hip, straight onto ice. Cursing, I right myself, glancing down at my hand where pain stings overwhelmingly.

Scarlet coloured blood floods from a wound in my hand, likely sliced from a stray piece of ice. I watch in horror as it pools in my palm before dripping onto the snow beneath, staining the pristine white blanket with crimson drops. Resting my uninjured hand on my stomach, I try not to let the nausea and panic overwhelm me, getting up to my feet despite my shaky legs.

At a quick pace, I quickly make my way toward the cabin in the distance, battling across our snowy backyard as warm blood through my fingers and down my arm.

As I approach the cabin, my vision swims with tears, the golden glow emanating from it burning in my eyes. Managing to kick my snow boots off at the doorstep, I push into the cabin, letting the gentle warmth from the fire wash over me, muting the pain for a brief moment. Not just my hand is injured, but also my hip, which will be purple and blue by tomorrow.

A fragrant smell also greets me, as I look into the kitchen, seeing Time's back as he faces the stove, stirring something. Noticing the sound of the door close, he turns around, looking over me with a sweeping golden gaze, noting the blood that still seeps from my hand, creating a puddle at my feet.

"Rosie, sweetheart," he breathes gently, a frown etched into his forehead. "You're bleeding."

"I slipped and cut my hand on ice," I say, my voice shaking as I fight back another surge of tears. Turning the stove off, Time steps toward me, not looking at all disgusted by the large amount of blood, even though as he gently grabs my forearms, some gets on his own hands.

I let him lead me into the bathroom, the one light above us flickering on. Looking in the mirror, I notice how crazy I look. Tears run down my face which is paled from the cold, my white jacket stained at the cuffs with crimson coloured blood. Time meets my gaze in the mirror, noticing the way I'm trying to fight back tears and failing.

"Hey, it's okay, we can fix it," he assures me, turning me by my hips before lifting me onto the bench right by the sink, my back leaning against the mirror. "You're crying."

"I scared myself," I admit, noting my heart rate, which has finally settled. While I run my hand under the tap, watching the way the icy cold water dilutes the blood draining down the sink, Time rummages through the medicine cabinet, pulling out antiseptic and a handful of bandages.

It more than scared me.

"It's just a small cut, you'll survive," Time tells me gently, trying to calm me down as I wipe tears from my cheeks. "Why are you so frightened?"

"I guess it just gave me a fright," I tell him uneasily. Drying my hand on, Time holds my fingers tentatively, pouring some antiseptic over the cut which I wince at, fighting to not rip my hand from his as it stings harshly.

Time looks up at me through a fringe of dark hair, golden eyes sparkling skeptically. "Rosie, I can tell when you're not being completely honest with me."

I pause, the admission halting at my lips. There's a real reason I panicked when I fell, that has been haunting me for a great amount of time. The moment I tell my mate, it will be real, so for a moment I hesitate, looking up at him and his unbeknownst expression. My life will never be the same again once it comes out of my mouth, but I can't hide it much longer.

"I'm pregnant, Time. Okay?"

"Sorry," he says breathlessly, blinking rapidly before focusing on me, clearly not comprehending what I just admitted. "Did I hear you right?"

"Yes, you did. I'm pregnant, and when I fell I was frightened it would have hurt the baby," I tell him meekly, resting my palm over my stomach protectively. Time follows my movement with darkening eyes, completely unreadable. My heart flutters uneasily. What if he doesn't want this? We haven't spoken about it, and it was never planned...

"When did you find out?" he asks gently.

"A couple weeks ago. I didn't want to just come out with it without being sure that everything was going to go okay," I admit uneasily. Part of me was scared to admit that it was real, to accept that this happened to me. Even though it's given me a sense of pure happiness, it's been shrouded by the reality of what it could mean for our child.

Time rests his hands on my thighs, leaning into me with that serious look on his face. "Rosie I'm your mate, you should have told me right away."

"I'm sorry. I was scared," I exclaim, as he quickly resumes his bandaging. Once he is finally finished, he helps me jump off the counter, pulling my blood stained jacket off my shoulders. He's not been less attentive than usual, but I know this information is going to change his demeanor completely.

Finally Time's expression relaxes, and he allows himself to smile. "Scared? This is the best news I've heard."

Relief flows through me, glad his reaction is excitement over dread. However, it's short lived as I remember why I've been so cautious in the first place. In my heart I've known all along that Time would be okay with this, that he would be happy, even. But there are far more frightening people in this world to worry about than my mate.

"This baby will have your blood. It will be immortal in it's own right, which means it's going to get attention from other pure-bloods," I remind him anxiously. As far as I know, right now, there are no other children fathered or mothered by pure-blood immortals.

"I will do anything to keep you and this baby safe. You know that," Time promises, leading me back into the lounge room, where the fireplace emits a glorious warmth that licks the chill off my bones.

"That's what scares me."

"We should be celebrating. This is the best news ever," he praises while I collapse into the couch, exhausted from the fright that just occured. Time comes to sit next to me, not giving me a moment to relax as he quickly presses a kiss against my lips before pulling away, smiling brightly.

Despite all the fear that shrouds this, I can't help but share in my mates excitement "I love you Time."

"I love you too," he replies, brushing a stray piece of hair behind my ear. "And I'm beyond excited for a future with you. Whatever that might entail."

💛••💛

Hey guys, thank you so much for the support through this book. I hope that I get to continue this story at some point in the future (:

As for right now, you can continue the immortal series by reading Thought. I appreciate you all very much, thank you (:

~Midika 💜🐼