Chapter Twenty Five

Word Count: 1632

~Rosie

Thought stares at me, wordless.

I'm not sure why I expected Thought to jump at the chance of helping me. Maybe it's because him and I are both stuck here in the same position, at Time's mercy. Instead he remains silent, staring me down with those unnerving silver eyes. I'm unsure of which make me the most uncomfortable; his, or Time's golden ones.

"I'm not like you, but we can help each other," I breathe, pressing against the confines of my binds. "Why won't you help me?"

Thought bites the edge of his lip, staring at me, but clearly not concentrating, instead deep in thought. Maybe I should have told him I was like him. I should have scared him, like I did to Time, since I know enough about him.

Thought sniffs, before spitting blood at my feet. "I know now. You're a traveler."

My heart falls to the pit of my stomach, and my cheeks flush. He knows, the façade it over. Any moment now, Time is going to walk back in here, and his brother is going to barter his life with him, in exchange for information on me. Once Time knows I used his own powers to get here, I will never see the light of day, surely.

And there's no way I'm admitting to him that we are mates.

"Please, you have to keep your mouth shut. I'm not here to hurt anyone, this was all a mistake, and a seriously long story. Please Thought, I beg of you," I plead, continuously pulling at my restraints, the wooden chair underneath me groaning on protest.

A muscle in his jaw ticks, and he casts his gaze down to the floor, dismissing me. I notice then, how bad he looks. Blood from his nose dribbles down pasts his lips, down his chin where it lands on his lap. Both eyes are black, with cuts on his cheekbones and one by his left brow.

Did Time really do this? Pain is a horrible infliction, but is revenge like this truly necessary? He told me it would be bad, but I didn't expect him to tie his brother down and beat him into submission.

It leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

"You're screwing with-"

All of a sudden, hands on my shoulders make me flinch. They fist at the cloth of my jacket, before gently releasing. It's Time, back again to terrorise me, when I have no answers for him. However, the look on Thought's face suggests to me that whoever stands behind me isn't Time, but someone else completely frightening. Enough so, to completely drain the colour out of he face.

Footsteps sound as the person walks out from behind me. Much to my imminent surprise and utter confusion, it's Thought...again.

Two Thoughts exist in front of me. One staring at himself, the other at me. It takes me a few moments to piece together what this means. Either I'm hallucinating, or Thought is here within my mind, using my sight to communicate me. At least that's the first idea that pops into my mind.

"What is going on?" The Thought sitting opposite to me questions, not able to take his eyes off the other version of himself. It's strange comparing their differences. The Thought from my mind is well dressed and proper, his hair neat, his skin clear. The Thought existing in real time is beaten to the point where almost none of his skin is revealed under all that blood.

It almost feels like I'm dreaming.

"I'm here to collect you. We need to go before Time returns," Thought tells me seriously, coming around to untie my bounds. Much to my surprise, I can feel his physical touch as he removes the ropes from around my wrists, and suddenly I'm free. Getting to my feet, whirling around as it dawns in me that there is no way he can just be within my mind. Especially not with the real Thought still tied to the chair seeing him and reacting.