Chapter Seven

Word Count: 1579

~Rosie

I stare at him, dumbfounded.

On one hand, I almost seems to make sense. On the other, I see right through his manipulation technique. Clearly, he is finding a painless way to make me want to comply and stay here. The moment he leaves me alone, I'm going to make a run for it, and he knows it. That means, he's going to do what he can to make me stay.

"I don't believe you," I say flatley. Time finally steps into the room, so instinctively, I step back to match him. I'm not sure what he is planning to do, and I don't plan on finding out like this, so I walk until my back bumps a wooden dresser behind me.

"I'm not lying. Why don't you let me show you?" he questions. Trapped against the dresser, I look for another escape. The last thing I want is for him to touch me.

Especially pressed up and trapped within this room.

"Don't even consider touching me," I growl, making him stop in his tracks. He seems to assess my face with a sharp gaze, considering how to approach me. Thankfully, he isn't making another grab for me, as I cower away from him, wondering if I could make a dash for the door in time to escape.

"You don't want to know?" he asks, looking genuinely surprised that I'm rejecting his touch. I stare at his hand. Previously, he wore dark leather gloves, which he must have slipped off without me realising.

For a moment, I think to myself. I don't want to know, because my entire life has been flipped around and I can't admit I'm mated to an Immortal.

I can't be.

When I don't answer right away, he takes a step closer. Now, there's no space between us as he leans in, his face so close I can feel his breath against my lips. He's going to touch me, I can just feel it. Instead of getting trapped in that golden gaze of his, I close my eyes, waiting for it, dread thick within my veins.

"I'm not going to touch you until you ask me to," he murmurs. Both his hands come out, leaning against the dresser, keeping me pressed against the back of the furniture and his body. "Actually, I'll wait until you beg for it."

His words spark up a fire within me, anger bubbling up unexpectedly. I swore I would face this issue being calm, but I can't control my feelings.

"Why don't I be the one to touch you."

Letting my anger control me for a fleeting moment, I lash out, slapping him right across the face. His face moves with the hit, jerking to the side. I'm sure it means nothing to him, considering he's a powerful immortal where a knife in the stomach wouldn't bother him let alone a slap to the face. His flinch is for my ego.

My hand tingles, but not from the impact of hitting his face with my hand. In fact, that part didn't even cross my mind, as I'm too focused on the betraying feeling that lingers for a moment on my skin, before vanishing.

Looking up, Time has turned back to look at me. He knows I feel it. He knows I'm trying to come up with an excuse within my head to explain this.

But there is only one explanation for sparks.

"Lord, take me now," I growl, turning around on my heels. Without looking at Time - who has been confirmed as my mate in the most ungraceful way possible - I pace across the room. I'm trying not to look at him. Right now, wrapping my head around an Immortal being my mate isn't particularly easy.

"Rosie," he breathes. Finally, I turn around. He looks at me for only a fleeting moment before he strides across the room, grabbing my face between his hands, kissing me before I even have the chance to react.