Chapter Three

We had been driving for 40 minutes now, windows rolled down, music playing, and eating some burgers we got at the first restaurant we spotted.

I love car rides, they were always my favorite. Watching the scenery whirl past us brought my mind to ease. Imagining this as an everyday thing, wondering if I would ever get tired of the marvelous sensation I had by being out. Wondering if the bliss car rides or outdoors walk would ever become dull with constant repetition.

"I'M OUT OF TOUCH, I'M OUT OF SYNC WITH YOU"

My thoughts were cut off by Royce's horribly pitchy vocals that were followed by a loud laugh from Anya as she joined him, clearly not knowing the lyrics of the song, but continued nevertheless.

I couldn't help but laugh, "Royce how do you know this song?"

"You serious ? This is the song Helena is always going on about"

"Wait seriously, the one Xavier is always hating on," Anya asked, now sitting sideways so she can look at us both.

"Yeah! but I think he mainly says all that cause he likes to make Helena mad."

"It is pretty funny seeing her argue with him," I laughed.

After a while I continued, "how much longer?"

"Says we're five minutes from the warehouse they wanted to meet at," Anya replied.

"Warehouse... Sounds sketchy to me."

"We're on our way to deliver illegal injections, that were tested illegally and were bought illegally from an illegal facility...And the warehouse is the part that sounds sketchy to you?"

"Pretty much."

"I-" she didn't finished, instead she sat forward and turned the music up higher.

The minutes went by and we were finally driving up to the loading docs of some sketchy warehouse. We parked and got out of the car, walking up to a all black car with heavily tinted windows. As two dudes got out of the car Royce and I made sure to walk a little ahead of Anya who held the box of injections.

"That's all of it?" the guy of the left asked looking down at the box, probably expecting it to be bigger.

"Did you bring the money?" I asked back.

The guy then shared a look with his partner before they guy on the right went back to the car, bringing out a suitcase. He opened it showing that it was filled with money, before closing it and bringing it to his side. Royce looked at me and gestured for me to get the box from Anya, and I moved to give it to the guy on the left as Royce grabbed the money from the other. He opened the box, looking at the contents inside before nodding at his partner. We then all made our way back in to the car, we stayed parked until they left first.

Royce looked over at us with a smile, "what do you guys wanna do now?"

I looked over at Anya, "It's the lady's choice."

"We should get ice cream.. oh oh and we can eat it at that one cliff view thingy that I took you and Helena too last time Royce!"

"I'm always down for ice cream," Royce looked at me through the rear view mirror, amusement in his eyes silently asking me if I'm okay with it.

I smile, "sounds perfect, I haven't had ice cream in a while"

Anya's smile grew with both of our approvals and we went on our way to enjoy our time out a little longer before it was time to head back.

We got to the cliff view, but Anya made us walk further where the trees were, claiming she knew the perfect spot. After awhile, ice cream almost half way eaten, Anya sat down under a tree near the rocky edge that looked over a beautiful meadow. I took a seat in the soft grass next to her with my feet dangling over the edge.

"Be careful dude, if you fall off and die, its gonna cost us when we get back," Royce said as he sat down next to me.

We sat in silence, finishing our ice creams, enjoying the view.

"It's beautiful isn't it?"

I looked over at Anya, taking in her features before looking back out, it is beautiful.

Before I could respond Royce added, "yeah, I can see why you like it so much."

She gave a sad smiled before saying, "I wish we didn't have to go back."

I laid down on my back, looking up at the sky. Royce or I stayed silent, neither one of us knowing what to say, but it didn't matter because she continued.

"I wanna live out here, explore and travel, I wanna know what its like to be free... I wanna do all these things with all of you guys, together."

I looked at her sadly, "I wish it was that simple but-"

"Yeah I know, it's not possible... it was just a thought."

Silence surrounded us until Royce finally said, "I think we should go... we don't want them looking for us."

We made our way to the car, Anya's words filling my thoughts. I wanna be free too, and explore together, but we can't, even if we could take the trackers out we would never be able to get the others. They would use the others as leverage to make us come back, and they were too important for us to leave behind.

Once we got close to the car I spoke up, "hey, Royce."

"Yeah," he looked at me concerned as he probably heard a bit of sadness in my voice.

"Its my turn to drive the car."

He smiled as he tossed the keys to me.

"Oh, and Anya... I call shotgun for Royce, so take the back seat," I finished by sticking my tongue out and opening the door for her.

Royce laughed as she scoffed and got in.

As I made a move to walk to the drivers side, Royce looked at me with a fake hurt expression and a hand over his chest.

"You're not gonna open MY door for me?"

I rolled my eyes and opened the door for him.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

~Author's notes ~

Hope whoever is reading this has a good day, currently waiting for my jack in the box order at 12:00 am 🧘🏻‍♀️

- Alissa :)