Chapter 33- Love and Separation

She looked at Shivaditya who just gave a mischievous smile.

"Send them in" She ordered the servant.

Chitrangada jumped off the swing and ran to hug Poonam who had arrived with Jayaraj.

"Poonam! What are you doing here ?" Chitra asked squealing in delight.

"His Highness sent Jayaraj to fetch me." She bowed towards Shivaditya.

Chitrangda turned back at Shivaditya and beamed "How did you know I was missing Poonam ?"

"I know everything dear, I know how lonely you must be feeling in the new surrounding, you girls catch on I have something important to discuss with Jayaraj."

He left with Jayaraj while Chitra pulled Poonam into her personal chamber.

"How are the mother and father? How is everything back home ?" She asked as they were seated on the bed.

"Everything is fine your highness! I have brought letters from them and gifts from her Majesty."

Chitra was relieved " I missed you. Things were so chaotic initially."

"Is everything alright? Your marriage was so rushed. "

"Yes its alright, his Highness is very caring. You must be tired. I will arrange for your stay.

Chitra replied.

******

" What are the reports Jayaraj?"

Shivaditya asked.

"Your Highness there's a problem. The rebels near the northern border. They are going out of control."

Shivadita looked serious "Send my orders to all the commanders we will see what can be done immediately. We are leaving today. Start the preparations."

Jayaraj nodded and left.

Next, he sent a message to Chitrangda.

She was giving a tour of her palace to Poonam when an attendant arrived with a message. She read through it, her eyes growing wide with worry.

"Where is his Highness?"

"In the Barracks your Highness."

Fear gripped Chitrangada. She recalled his injury in the fort. His bleeding, his pain.

"I can't let you go Shiv," she thought and ran towards the barracks while Poonam followed her.

When she found him she controlled her outburst to hug him. It would have been inappropriate to do so among his men. He spotted her and arrived near her.

"What brings you here?" He asked surprised to see her in the barracks.

"Please don't go." She said tearfully.

He smiled "It's my duty Chitra, you should be giving me farewell with a smile. That's what a warrior woman does."

"Then take me with you," She said.

He brushed a lock of hair from her face and said "If I take you along I will be too distracted to fight. I will return soon. Dont worry. "

"Btw you have Poonam for company. You can go riding with her but strictly within the city boundaries and not without your bodyguards. Don't even think of sneaking out. I can't afford to lose you." He grinned at her.

But she was too miserable to pay attention. He turned to supervise the preparations, while Chitra stood transfixed teary-eyed.

He suddenly grabbed her hand and pulled her along. After passing through the barracks winding corridors, he reached a door.

The two attendants standing beside it immediately bowed and opened the door for them. Shiva pulled Chitra inside and kicked the door shut. A little dazed, Chitra scrutinised the room. It looked like an office, with a table, a few chairs and a huge map hoisted on the wall. She didn't get to observe anything else as he had grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him.

"I've been waiting for hours to do this," he said as he spun her around and pushed her against the door, pinning her hands above her head. His mouth crashed down on her as he kissed her hard.

He deepening the kiss. Their tongues lapping furiously together as the passion heightens.

He broke the kiss,  "I love you Chitra, I will miss you but I have to do this." He said almost apologetically.

Chitra threw her hand around his neck and stifled a sob on his shoulder.

"Shiv," she whispered.

"Hmm," he replied while stroking her hair.

"Make love to me right now." She whispered back.

He moved and looked in her eyes.

"Please," she pleaded.

He didnt needs any further encouragement.

Placing his hand on her waist he carried her to the table and placed her gently on it.

Taking hold of her chin, he kissed her with even more passion and hunger than before.

He quickly unthreaded her blouse and grabbed her breasts in his hand roughly, making her moan into his mouth. His other hand made its way down her body, pushing up her skirts over her leg until it was bunched around her waist. He reached inside her skirt to find her wet and waiting. He growled as he parted her folds and touches her clit, She moaned as he rubbed circles around her clit. It hardened at his touch.

"Oh god!" She whispered against his mouth.

He undid his breeches and pushed inside. Impaling her on the table. He thrust into her until both were exhausted and slumped on the table.

After a long while, he finally broke apart and kissed her forehead.

"I will be back soon, I promise."

"I have to stop this constant war," Chitra thought as Poonam gently led her away from the barracks.

They were walking towards their carriage when she heard a familiar voice.

"Princess long time no see." Devburman greeted and bowed to Chitranagada, then glanced at Poonam.

She wiped her tears and looked at him suspiciously "Hope you are doing good your highness" she said stiffly.

She had not seen him since their last meeting and after her conversation with Shivaditya, and didn't fully trust him.

"I have been doing great, and I am looking forward to our interesting interactions," He smiled.

Chitrangda said, "you are not going to join his highness, in the war?"

He chuckled " Nah! Shiv doesn't trust me."

Chitra was sometimes amazed by his blunt honesty.

"If you would excuse me I have to meet the queen, your highness !" She bowed and walked away.

Devburman's eyes continuously followed Poonam.

"Who was the rude man my lady?" Poonam asked when they were away from his earshot.

"He is Prince Devburman. An older cousin of His Highness."

"Why was he staring at me?" Poonam thought but decided not to discuss it with Chitra.

Chitrangada saw Shivaditay's army leave from the terrace. Tears were flowing from her eyes but she could only pray for his safe return.

What if he never returns?

Chitra shuddered and brushed that thought away. She had no choice but to wait for him.

****

Devburman looked at the message which had but by his personal bodyguard. He had a circle of loyal men who would do anything for him.

"So father has stirred up trouble again to lure out Shivaditya." He thought.

"Take your usual group and follow the army. Make sure they dont see you" He commanded.

To be continued...