Chapter 14

Cato's POV:

I woke and was immediately blinded by the sun. We had morning training today so that we could make up for yesterday. I dragged myself out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. After a speedy shower, I changed and made my way downstairs. My breakfast was already laid out on the table, so I sat down and started eating. I inhaled my bacon and eggs before leaving the warmth of my house.

The weather has been cooler recently and the leaves have started to fall. It was finally autumn and it was my favourite time of the year. I hugged my thin jacket closer to my body as the cold wind brushed past me. I started to walk faster to avoid being out in the cold for too long. When I finally arrived, I rushed inside and saw that Clove had already arrived. She was wearing her using leggings and singlet, but she had put a black windbreaker on top.

She seemed to be stretching or something, so I stealthily walked over to her.

"Boo." I said as I whacked her shoulders lightly. She quickly spun around and kneed me in the stomach before holding a knife to my throat. She let out a large breath before lowering her knife.

"Sorry," She said as I held my stomach. "I didn't know it was you." She continued.

"It's okay." I say as I give her a small hug.

"Alright." A loud voice boomed.

"I've decided to give you guys a small treat tonight. We are going to go hunting." Clove's face lit up at the word hunting. In District 2, hunting is when future careers go out at night and kill people that are out after curfew. You're meant to go with a trainer, so the peacekeepers know that you're there for training, but majority of the people that go hunting go alone.

"What time should we get here?" Clove asked, her voice filled with excitement.

"Be here by 9:30 pm." Fabian said as Clove smirked slightly.

"Okay, start training." Fabian said. I placed my arm around Clove's shoulder as we walked towards the bow and arrow.

"I guess that our date's cancelled." I said disappointedly.

"Maybe we can go tomorrow instead." Clove suggested as she looked up at me. Damn, she's so freaking adorable when she does that. I smiled down at her before leaning down and planting a kiss on her forehead.

"Oi, more training and less kissing!" Fabian yelled from across the room. Clove's cheeks started becoming an adorable pink while I turned my head and smirked at Fabian.

We both stopped walking and I leaned down to meet Clove's lips. Her lips were as soft and tender as alway and they tasted slightly sweet. I could practically feel Fabian roll his eyes from across the room. I slowly licked Clove's bottom lip as my hands held her waist firmly. She didn't react immediately, but she slowly opened her mouth and my tongue started exploring her mouth. I heard someone clear their throat from across the room.

"Seriously guys. I go to the bathroom and you're still making out." We slowly pulled away and I watched as Clove started blushing again.

"Sorry Fabian." I said as we continued to make our way to the bow and arrow station. I picked up two bows and handed one to Clove. We trained using bow and arrows for a while before heading to axes. I'm amazing at axes, so this is definitely a good way to show off. She picked up two axes and threw one to me. I decided that I would start with throwing axes, but Clove decided to attack the dummy instead. I threw one axe and looked over at Clove. My eyes widened when I saw her swinging the axe around. She looked focused and vicious, kind of like when she throws knives.

We trained with all of the other weapons and it was finally time to leave. We both changed and I waited for her to finish. I wonder why it takes girls so long to change. Clove appeared next to me and I smiled down at her.