CHAPTER 23

HE SMILES

"Oh my god Brooklyn, you look so gorgeous! Doesn't she Skyla?" Rebecca exclaims after she and Skyla are done with my hair and makeup.

Skyla and I came over to Rebecca's house to get ready for the Formal. Liam and Skyla's date will be coming here in a couple of hours to pick us up.

Skyla turns my chair to face the mirror and I gasp when I see myself. I don't look at all like my normal self, but not in a bad way. In an astonishingly beautiful way.

The girls forced me to put on makeup and if I knew they would do such a good job with it, I would've never argued in the first place.

This whole scenario reminds me of when Harper would force these chemicals on my face for her personal experiments and me being the good friend that I am, always obliged....ok  i was forced to, but whatever. Damn, I miss her.

"You two! You'll are so good at this!" I grin and Rebecca chuckles, "Thank Skyla and her super talent in this field." "Hey you're good at it too, okay?" Skyla smiles and I hug them both, thanking them.

"Ok, so now we're going to start with our own." Rebecca states and I nod, going to sit on her bed. It's 6:30 the next day and Luke is still unconscious. I try my best to not let the worry flood my mind but I can't help it.

All this work that they two have put in to make me look pretty is nothing if there's no Luke to compliment me about it or be with me at the Formal. I don't even know why I agreed to go there. I want to be with Luke when he wakes up, why doesn't anyone get that?

Liam promised that he would allow me to leave as and when I wanted, but I don't want to ruin this night for him and Rebecca. And Skyla has a date of her own and is anyway not close to Luke, so she's out of option. Now if Luke wakes up while I'm in school for that stupid dance, I'll have to find a way to get to the hospital fast on my own. Ugh I really need a new car.

David said that he would not be coming for the Formal since he was waiting in the hospital...What I would have been doing too if not for this stupid dance.

An hour and a half later, all of us are ready and they two look even prettier than they always do. Skyla's violet dress complimented her skin tone perfectly, while Rebecca's eyeliner was on fleek. Such beauties.

Rebecca's mum knocks on the door to inform us about Liam and Skyla's date's arrival and we walk down the stairs to meet them.

Skyla's date is a guy with blond hair. I've seen him around school, I assumed he was the teacher's pet by the amount of times Miss Arnold took him as an example of a good student.

Liam's tie matched Rebecca's red dress and god did they two look stunning together. Seeing Liam kiss Rebecca's forehead when she stood in front of him, reminded me of Luke's absence here, but I pushed away the feeling, to not look like I'm jealous of them. Coz I'm really not, I'm actually delighted that they're happy and together.

When we reach the school's gymnasium where the dance was being held, we see that the party's already full-on. I must say, the decorations are beautiful around here and also the-oh my god, they have the best buffet arranged. My mouth watered at the sight.

People gather in a circle around me and I realize that they're all of my friends' friends, who I never even knew about. God, I want to get out of here, the last thing I want to be asked is the whereabouts of my missing date.

My elbow is suddenly pulled away from the chatting crowd and when I look up, I see David. I scrunch my eyebrows, "David, how are you here? Weren't you suppose to be at the hospital?"