28 - Tuttugu og Átta

I woke up to find my mate's warmth absent, but his musky scent all over the bed I had slept in.

I rubbed my eyes to help me wake up a little, and pulled myself to sit.

Where he'd slept, was now a large white box, tied up with a soft pink ribbon.

"Where are you?" I asked him through our link.

"Good morning butterfly. You're up sooner than I expected," he replied instantly.

I turned to look at the digital alarm clock on the bedside table and saw the time blinking back at me.

11:34 am.

"When did you expect me to wake up?" I asked him.

"After noon at least," he replied.

"Well, I'm up. And you're not here," I said, pulling his pillow to my chest, resting my cheek on it and inhaling his beautiful scent.

"I'll see you in a bit my love. Besides, isn't it tradition that I shouldn't see you before the ceremony?" he asked me.

"This isn't a wedding. Werewolves don't get married Valente. We're already bound for life," I said. The words left my mouth casually, but they were far deeper than I'd think at that moment.

For life.

"Well, it's the closest thing we'll have to a wedding and I just thought maybe girls liked those kind of things. That's why I got you a pretty dress and everything," he said. I could imagine the sheepish smile on his masculine face. It would be out of place there, but wouldn't take away from his beauty even in the slightest.

I ran my fingers gently along the side of the large box beside me.

"You didn't have to Val," I told him, my voice a whisper. He really didn't, but gifts excited me more than I'd like to admit.

"I would've done it anyway Rayne," he said to me."The ceremony is only a couple hours away so, better start getting ready. I've explained everything to Renee, she's in charge. Listen to her."

Those were words I'd heard so many times before, but it had been a long time since I'd heard them last.

"Okay, will do," I said and paused before speaking again.

"I love you Valente," I whispered to him.

A warmth spread in my chest, and I knew it wasn't all mine.

"I love you too Rayne," his voice came through.

A wide smile had taken over me as I sat up a little straighter and looked at the box.

A tiny note was attached to the ribbon on top.

I pulled the ribbon knot open to release the note that was tied to it by a golden thread.

I recognized Valente's handwriting on the tiny card.

I know you like simple clothes, and usually don't wear anything too fancy, so I'm sorry if you think this is a little much but, I can imagine you in it and I think it would look beautiful on you. The lady at the store says it's a little different and not many can pull it off, but I know there's not a single look you can't 'pull off'.

It's fit for a Queen.
And you are mine.

-V

I couldn't help the wide smile on my face, wondering how blindly in love this man really was.

I could pull anything off?