||24

Wednesday June, 24th

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

We have banded together with these group of wonders, and honestly, they won't shut up. I laid on Appa trying to sleep with peace and quiet, but all these wonderers do is sing. I pulled the blanket over me to cover my ears. The only music I had on the warship with Zuko is when Uncle Iroh pulled out any one of his many instruments to play.

Normally he played it on a rainy day.

"I hate the rain," Zuko mumbled next to me as I looked out of the captain's window. I glanced over at Zuko before drawing my eyes back. I thought the opposite, there was something nice about the calm rain.

"I like rain," I sigh, leaning on the window with my two arms, "there is something soothing about it." I sighed to myself. Zuko moved closer to me, resting his arms beside mine.

"Fire Benders can't bend in rain." Zuko retorted with a gruff voice. I looked out at the sea who was currently upset, crashing up against our boat.

"Sure we can." I laughed, lighting my hand on fire. "It's just not that strong," I opened the latch to the window, the sounds of rain seeping into my ears. I held out my hand and watched my fire flicker, trying to stay alive. "Fire can survive anywhere." I watched as the water around it turn into steam, "if you strive for it too." Then I looked back at him and put a hand on his arm, I watched him flinch.

I breathed out steam from my nose, latching onto Zuko's fire, "your fire is still alive as well, during days like this." I let go of his fire and reached to close the window. He grabbed my hand, stopping me in the act.

"Leave it open." He huffed not meeting my eyes. "It does sound nice." He let my hand go, taking his warmth with him, dropping my hand to my side. I smiled and snuggled up next to him.

"Zuko." I looked up at him, and he glanced down at me, drawing his gaze from the window. He raised a brow as if to say, 'what?'

"I-"

I sat up straight, chuckling my blanket off me, my face read. "Oh no," I held my burning cheeks in my hand. "Oh, no. What did I say?" I referred back to the memory, but that part kept blurring out.

"What are you all stressed about little lady?" One of the wonderers popped his head over the side of the saddle making me jump up with fear. He tilted his head to the side with worry.

"Nothing." I shook my head sadly. There is no point in thinking back to it, I'm sure I would remember it later.

"Oh! I think I have a song for this!" He looked down certainly making some sort of conversation before the music started again. I inwardly groaned, missing the silent, peaceful days.

"Kaida?" Sokka jumped over the side of the saddle, sitting down next to me. "What's wrong?" He peered at my face from beside me.

"Nothing," I shook my head sadly, "I'm just trying to remember something." I frowned deeper, what did my stupid younger self say to him?

"Hey," Sokka put a hand on mine, "I'm here if you need me, I am the leader of this group after all." I scoffed rolling my eyes as I drew my hand away.

"Says the man who almost got us killed at the Earth Base." I chuckled and he looked away groaned with embarrassment.

"Let's forget that." He leaned so he was in my view again, "we decided we are going to take the secret tunnel, we are going to be there soon." He stood and held down a hand, I reached up and took it.