The Love of the Draw

"Yo Yeosang! Pass the chips!"

"These are my chips though?"

"Pass them!"

Jaemin rolled his eyes at Renjun's aggressive behavior. "Renjun, you can only unnecessarily demand food from us. You don't know Yeosang well enough to do that." Jaemin snatched his own bag of potato chips and tossed them to Renjun. He threw kind of hard so Renjun let the bag crunch against his chest and melodramatically fell backwards onto the grass.

"I've been hit! Call an ambulance!" He said while reaching a hand into the sky, clutching at the air. The rest of the group rolled their eyes again and returned to eating.

The sound of a wet t-shirt slapping against skin made Mark look over his shoulder and sure enough, Haechan was jogging towards them. He took a seat right next to Mark who could still just make out the chlorine in his hair.

"Hey." He sounded rather out of breath, which if you asked Mark made him sound kinda hot. He reached into his bag and pulled out his own food while Mark scowled and looked away.

"Haechan!" Yeosang suddenly looked up from his Sloppy Joe's. "Didn't you ask someone out the other day?"

Now Mark was interested.

Haechan's oRbS didn't leave his sandwich. "Yeah I did."

"So how did it go?" Mark asked a little aggressively which made Yeosang reach over to pinch him. Be cool. He mouthed at Mark.

"Well......I asked the guy out. He said he was gay? He seemed genuinely interested in me at first but then another guy came along who caught his fancy better. The next day he blocked me on all social media. So I guess I was dumped before we were even a thing."

Ouch.

"H-Haechan, I'm sorry!" Yeosang really wished he had kept his giant mouth shut.

"Yeah, I'm sorry too." Jaemin said.

"Well I'm not!" Mark ignored the harsh pinch to his side from Yeosang and continued. "Haechan, You deserve someone great. And if that guy was too scared to even have you following him on social media then he wasn't great enough for you!"

Haechan chuckled. "Thanks Mark." He looked over his shoulder to see Jeno making his way over to them. "Speaking of being scared." He leaned in and waved the rest of the group to do the same. "Do me a favor and distract him please?" He jutted his thumb behind him in Jeno's direction.

The rest of the group exchanged knowing, worried looks. They were familiar with Haechan's playful pranks, particularly those who had known him for longer. "Okay fine." Chenle said. "But just because you got rejected and this might make you feel better."

A childish grin spread across Haechan's cheeks. Jeno sat down and noticed Haechan's wide grin so he smiled back and giggled a bit.

"Hey Jen, how was competition training?" Chenle asked as he slung an arm over Jeno's shoulders. Jeno sighed in response.

"I don't know Chenle. This whole competition thing is really starting to get pretty scary."

Chenle looked over Jeno's head and saw Haechan egging him on. He internally facepalmed but nonetheless returned his attention to Jeno.

"Really? Why would it be getting scary?" He asked.

"Well, overall I just feel like the pressure on me is even heavier then it would have been if I wasn't in the competition." While Jeno was talking Haechan reached over Chenle and easily slipped Jeno's phone out of his pocket.

"And I know this isn't just my imagination! I mean yesterday, my professor yelled at me for burning like 2 out of 30 cookies. Even though I was in the middle of learning how to make lobster tail, frying cannoli shells, and making a red velvet cake ontop of those stupid cookies!" Haechan guessed Jeno's password on the third try. It wasn't that hard, his password was kekekeke.

"I'm so grateful to be in this competition, honestly I am. But sometimes I do find myself jealous of people who didn't get in." Haechan finished downloading the app he needed. Jeno looked over to him and noticed that he was playing with his phone. Normally Jeno would be gentler, but today he was in a bad mood. He scowled and snatched the phone from Haechan's grip. Haechan's fingers accidentally slid over the screen while Jeno was pulling it back which caused him to accidentally enable Airplane Mode.

Jeno pulled the phone back and looked at the screen. He noticed what Haechan had done.

"Did you really just steal my entire phone just so you could put on Airplane mode?" Jeno asked in a slightly annoyed voice while inspecting the phone. Haechan just watched him the way a cat watches a mouse while the rest of the group internally cringed; waiting for Haechan's turd to hit the fan.

"LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO SOME-"

"AHH!" Jeno screeched and dropped the phone on the ground while backing away from it. Haechan had downloaded an app that randomly scares the owner of the phone until that person can track down where the app was hidden and delete it. The app was designed to blend in with the person's phone background so finding it wasn't easy.

Jeno stared at the phone like it was a bomb while holding as still as a statue. He was just about to reach out and grab it when it made another loud noise. Jeno screeched a second time even louder and flinched as if he'd been tased. This drew a couple weird looks from other people who were also in the park which made Jeno embarrassed. If there was one way to get to him, it was to publicly embarrass him.

Once he saw that he'd drawn some looks he whined and scootched into Jaemin's arms, hiding from all the attention.

Haechan laughed like he was watching the fire alarm scene from The Office. The rest of the group, aside from Jeno, stared at Haechan in shock. Chenle's mouth dropped open and some of his mac'n cheese fell out.

None of them had ever seen Haechan become so happy after being rejected so recently. What was so different now?

a/n Yall Watty authors and your orbs need to chill

jk love u crackheads!