Chapter 18

Chapter 18

**

William

I was waiting for Sophia to get the file for me from my office. I was with my father discussing about some urgent matters related to Italy and I had forgotten the file in my office. Ten minutes had passed and when Sophia did not come with the file yet, I went to get it myself. I did not see Sophia at her desk so I'm assuming she would be inside searching for the file.

I pushed the door to my office open and heard a loud shattering of glass. I looked at the frame below and took a sharp breath. I glanced at Sophia who was standing wide eyes, looking down at the picture in shock. It was evident that the frame was broken by Sophia, as she was standing behind my desk with the broken frame at her feet.

Quickly, I walked in and went straight towards the frame. The frame had the picture of Gwen and I. It was taken on one of the trips to USA and Gwen wouldn't stop bugging me to take a picture. When I finally agreed to click one, she was very happy and couldn't stop grinning which automatically made me smile. I wasn't a big fan of clicking pictures back then. Gwen loved the picture so much that she gave the only copy to me. I asked to make one more, but she just shrugged and denied saying such memories should only exist in one picture. I didn't get what she meant and I still don't. She framed it and asked me to take care of it.

Now looking at the broken frame of our picture, made my blood boil. Anger crawled into my veins causing me to clench my hand in a fist.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" I pushed through my gritted teeth, my jaws clenching hard and my face turning red from anger.

"I-I was j-just looking at the picture and my phone rang. It slipped from my hand." She stammered. "And you walked in."

"Why the hell were you looking at it in the first place?" I hissed at her, staring angrily at her. "I asked you to bring me a file. A single file which wasn't hard to find, wasn't it?" I gestured towards the only file that was placed on my desk. "Why did you snoop around when you had no rights to do so?"

"I'm really sorry, William. It was an accident. I didn't mean to." She pleaded, apologising.

I closed my eyes as my nose flared in anger. Her sorry wasn't going to bring back the frame, was it? I tried to control my anger before I say things I might regret later on. "Get out."

"What?" Sophia whispered softly.

"I said," I opened my eyes and looked straight into her eyes. "Get out." She hurriedly moved and scurried past me, out of the office.

I took a deep breath to calm myself down before walking over to the picture and picking the broken pieces of glasses. It took me a while to clean the area with the glass, in order to avoid getting hurt by any leftover piece.

I sighed and sat back in my chair. I looked at the photo and a smile creeped on my face. Gwen was really happy that day. She was glowing. I know she loved to travel and explore new places and when I announced that we are going to States, she was very happy. It was her first time going there. It reminded me that I have to treat her out, now that her exams were over and from next year, she will have her responsibility of being the head girl of her school. I couldn't have been more proud of my sister.

The knock on my door pulled me out of my thoughts. I placed the picture down and sat straight. "Come in."

The door opened and Dad walked in. "What are you still doing here? I thought we had to discuss few things? You went to bring a file. Why does it take so long to get it?"