Chapter 9: Clash

Chapter 9

*Alexa Shiffer*

Lucky for Jordan, I didn't hold a grudge.

Last night I had simply eaten and gone to sleep. I didn't bother doing any work as I was tired and moody and my parents didn't really care when I went to sleep. Plus, I needed my beauty sleep right?

Anyway, I woke up like usual, packed my shoulder bag and headed out after eating some breakfast. My parents had already left for work but I was used to it. They'd probably already forgotten about the night before.

They worked in a small office block about twenty minutes away. They had only been working there for a year but I could tell they really didn't enjoy it.

Their previous job always brought them home smiling, even though it was pretty stressful. I mean, who wouldn't be happy, anyone would kill to meet and direct famous celebrities, right? I know I would.

Maybe I might have grown up to take over their business, but now that thought was out the question. Now I had to think of something else to be when I graduated. Definitely not an office worker.

I met Japera outside her house at the usual time, I wasn't usually late and nor was she. But unlike me, her parents would stay at home all day and make sure they always knew where she was. Unlucky for her? I don't know, sometimes I wished my parents were always there for me. I knew they had to go and work though.

Japera's house was on the street next to mine and was huge, like Natalie's. It was funny how the houses were that different even though they were so close.

Just as I was thinking this, I realised I had to go to Natalie's as I said we could go to school together.

I noticed Japera's father come to the door to see her off like he did every morning. He waved at me, smiling. Her parents were so nice and friendly.

As soon as we had gotten into my truck, Japera was busy questioning me about what happened yesterday. I had forgotten that me and Jordan had left at lunch. I turned round and headed towards Natalie's street. It would only take a couple of minutes.

I casually told her about the field we went to and the restaurant. She was ooing and ahing about various things now and then. I left out the part about meeting Natalie for now. I wanted it to be a surprise, as I was sure they would get on great.

Until now, Japera hadn't noticed that we were on a different route.

"Where are we going," she finally questioned.

"To pick up Natalie," I replied casually, inwardly laughing at her puzzled expression.

"And she is?" she pushed, her eyebrows knitting together.

"Just someone I met." She nodded slowly at my remark and turned to look at the road.

"She's safe right?" She questioned curiously, suddenly turning back round to face me. I laughed. I guess I could see how she would think that by the way I introduced her.

"Yes, she is," I motioned as I saw a familiar pale face beaming at me from her house. Japera didn't reply.

Natalie opened the door to my truck and hopped in.

"Hey Alexa," she chirped, hugging me out of no where from over the seat. Japera was watching us amusedly. Before I could answer, Natalie went on.

"Who's your friend? Hey, I'm Natalie."

Japera shot me another puzzled look before answering.

"Hey Natalie, I'm Japera, Alexa was just telling me about you," she said slowly and awkwardly. Not sensing anything, Natalie continued to talk away, mainly to herself until we arrived at Baskville.