Island Attack

Law turned around and grabbed the newspaper on Ren's head. He turned every page fastly until he saw Straw Hats photos printed on a whole page.

Ren who saw it, stole the newspaper from Law's hand. "Amazing! They look just like in Manga," her eyes was flashing so hard. Law was not having it, and peek for his photo somewhere.

"There it is," he pointed a printed photo of him on the next page, where most of the worst generation members are there too. He kind of lean and bend his knees a bit to be in the same eye-level as Ren's and as soon as he saw his photo, he faced Ren whose face was just few centimeters away from his.

The moment lasted for sometime and their eyes met each other. It was awkward in silence. Only sea's sound was played. Their face near to each other, and fast heartbeats.

“AHEM!” Law pulled away and stood straight. Ren peeked on him a bit in embarrassment. Awkward. Law just stayed silent and as soon as he noticed how awkward it was he called, “Oh! Bepo-ya, are we arrive yet?”

“Captain! We're almost there, I see an island silhouette,” Bepo who was on the top of the ship, holding binoculars.

“Oh I see!” Law shouted. He glanced at Ren and walked away. “Do you see anyone?!”

“I’m sorry Captain, it looks like there's a small town by the shore, should we dive in?” Bepo suggested.

Law who jumped to the top of the ship, startled Ren a bit. He reached for binoculars on Bepo’s paw. “No need,”

“Everyone! Stay close to each other, if there's something ahead, call me by the Den Den Mushi,” Law instructed. “Penguin! Clone! Keep the ship safe, we’ll be back,” he continued. “Doctor-ya, let’s go!”

Ren sighed, “Like I said, why can't I stay in the ship~~,” as she walked behind him.

“We have no choice, you're the only reliable doctor, I need to find enough medicine for our further journey to The New World,” he sighed back. “Stay close,” he sighed loudly.

“Why is he the one who's sighing,” Ren mouthed behind.

As the sun was about to set, Law looked at the sky and turn around to face a panting Ren. “The others must have been looking for us, let’s go back,” he suggested.

“Finally!” Ren responded.

“Get away from him! Aaaa!” near far, a loud voice was heard by them.

Ren was startled, and shocked Law pulled her arm behind a tree. Making the “Shhh,” figure. He peeked what's behind the tree and somewhere he saw a light and crowds. Law walked slowly ahead. Ren was about to follow him but Law pushed her shoulder back to the tree, “Stay here,”

“Room,” he half-whispered, “Shambles,” he then teleported somewhere behind a house, near the crowd.

“Someone help my son!” Law walked back and saw a child laying on a bad, sick.

“Danger!” his head screamed. “Room,” he started, “Shambles,” back to Ren. “We’re in trouble, let’s go,” by that, he walked ahead.

“What’s going on?” Ren asked but. Law was ignoring her, walking ahead.

“Doctor! Doctor! Anyone!,” a woman’s voice called. “Save my son!”

Ren took turned around and saw people gathering around. “Hey, Waterloo-kun, what's tha—,” Law pulled her right arm and moved forward. “What’s wrong? What’s going on?” but ignored, she looked again behind her and heard a woman screamed, asking for a doctor. “Doctor?” she thought in her head. “Hey, Waterloo-kun can you let go of me for a second?” she asked softly but again, ignored, his back was furious and anxious. The scream was getting louder and louder. “I said let go!” Ren shoved her arms from Law’s. “What’s going on—,”

“You are not a doctor!” Law blurted. “Stop giving a fuck of what's going on in this world, it’ll change nothing,” Law was about to grab her arm but she pulled away.

“Someone needs a doctor,” Ren replied. “And I am a doctor,” she turned around and run towards the light direction, where scream of help was heard.

Law sighed, heavily. He sat on where he stood, doesn't know what should he do.

“I am a doctor!” Ren rushed into the scene.

“Doctor! My son!”

She ran to the patient who looked just fine, but unconscious.

“How long has he been like this?” Ren put down her bag pack and was about to touch him but,

“Don’t touch him!” the mother warned. Ren pulled back her hand. “He’s been like that ever since last month,” she answered. “3 months ago,  when— when they came—,” she started to tear up. “My son, Hoka, has been suffering alone,” she sobbed. “It was a contagious disease, so we tried to stay away from him, we don't know if we are infected too,”

Ren looked away and bit her lower lips. “Its been years since a virus break out in real world and I've never encountered it in my years and now what? an infectious disease? How am I going to,” she spoke in her heart.

“Doctor, please, save my son, at least,” Hoka’s mother words jumbled up.

“I will try my best,” Ren exhaled. “First, hi—,” but a man’s shout startled her.

“We’ve caught pirates!”