Elevator of death

Jason's pov

I ran into the hotel and rushed up the stairs. Soon I arrived at her door. I banged on the door and I heard moments inside. "Raeesa do not open that door." A voice said inside. "Relax  aba ruwhi it is Jason and my father will be coming soon as well." Raeesa's sweet voice said as she neared the door. She opened it and I felt relief wash over me. "Oh thank god you are alright," I whispered as I pulled her into a hug. She returned the hug. "Where is Sheva?" I asked quickly. "She is blind now." She responded as she exposed a bleeding Lady Sheva and Slade Wilson. "Umm princess why is Deathstroke here?" I asked. "I would prefer to wait for my father's appearance, but Wilson is Damian's and I's godfather," I said. "THEN WHY DID HE KILL YOU," Damian shouted. Raeesa whipped around to face Damian. She knelt to his level. "Lady Sheva mind-controlled him during the battle that killed his grandfather and me." She answered as Tim, Dick, and my father entered the hotel room.

Raeesa's pov

"What happened to her," Tim asked. "She is lucky her head isn't on a stick already." I quickly growled the last two words. "Wow I um I didn't know you had that in you," Tim said nervously as he scratched the back of his head. "Yeah well when someone mind controls your godfather to murder your entire family, then sends you to go kill him, but you don't and instead let him go and remember what happened to him. Then she murders your mother with her custom made bullets and tries to ruin everything you have been working for. You get more than a little pissed." I said with thick sarcasm. "Wow your life is a roller coaster," Dick says with a chuckle. A tear drops from my face. "Roller coasters are supposed to fun," I say with emptiness. Silence fills the room as the Sheva starts to stir. "You know I can still see you," Sheva says with one eye open. "That problem can be resolved real quick," I say darkly as I lunged towards her. Dick, Tim, Slade, and Damian try to hold me back. "Ooookay um Damian how about you and Raeesa go to the mall." Dick offers. "I would rather beat Sheva to a pulp," Damian says flatly. "You go for the chest and I'll break her legs so she can't run," I growled menacingly. "That backfired," Tim muttered. Then I heard more footsteps. Tim's head whipped around. "Let me go so I can end that traitorous murder," Damian growled. "Oh Stephanie, Barbra can you take Damian and Raeesa to the park or mall or something," Tim asked nervously. "No." Damian and I snapped simultaneously. Jason walked over to me. "Raeesa I promise that I will take care of Sheva," Jason said. "But" I started, but Jason cut me off by holding my face in his hands. "Princess, do you trust me?" Jason looked at me with his deep blue eyes. "Yes," I said quietly. "Then trust that I will take care of Sheva," Jason said. I nodded my head and he let go. "Come on Raessa we can go shopping." Stephanie chirped. I picked up my duffle bag with my Devil's Breath uniform and Crimson Shadow gear. Stephanie then dragged me out of the room. "Brown will you please let go of my arm before you dislocate it." I sneered. "Oh sorry," Stephanie said with a beaming smile. I signed "it is alright," I muttered as we entered the elevator. "Re Re are you alright?" Damian asked. I sighed out. "No Damian. I am not alright." I muttered. Then the elevator shook and the lights flickered off and on again. Then the elevator dropped. "Ahhhhhh" Stephanie screamed. Suddenly the elevator stopped. "Ohmgoohmygodwhatdowedowhatdowedo?" Stephanie panicked. "Okay, Damian I need you to climb onto my shoulders and opened the hatch, and when you do. Launch this grappling hook." I said calmly, but with urgency. Damian looked at me and nodded his head. I bent my knees so he could climb up. Thankfully I had chosen to stand right above the latch. Damian climbed to my shoulders, opened the hatch, and lunched the grappling hook. Then the elevator lurched again and shortly stopped. "Ahh," Stephanie squealed. "Dami I need you to hold on okay," I called out. "No Raeesa please no." "Damian I need you to promise me to hold onto the cable no matter what," I called out. Damian nodded his head with the sound of him sobbing escaping his lips. "Damian it is going to be alright okay. I promise. Okay, I love you." I called out and then the elevator dropped. "AHHHHH we should have taken the stairs," Stephanie screamed out. Luckily I had decided to keep my combat boots on. Suddenly I felt the ground rise as we hit the ground. My world turned to darkness as pain flew through my head.

Damian's pov

"Nooooo" I screamed as my sister fell to the ground below. A loud BOOM followed signally that they had hit the ground. I started sobbing as I remember my sister's final words. "I love you" her final words were I love you. Hot tears poorer down my face, but I didn't care. I had to watch my sister die in front of me again. I felt my phone in my pocket. I pulled it out with one hand. I started to swing my legs so I could reach the beam next to me. I got enough moment and jumped to the beam. I landed expertly and unlocked my phone. I quickly dialed Greyson. He didn't pick up. Then I called Todd. He too didn't pick up. I called Todd again. He didn't pick up because the phone didn't even ring. "No service" I turned the light on my phone and put it in my mouth. I jumped back to the cable and grabbed it. It swung a few times and I started to climb up the cable. I saw a doorway and started to climb to it. Then I heard something horrible. I felt the cable shake as someone was cutting it. "Hello" I called out shakily. I will admit I was afraid. I had just watched my sister die again and two other people who were like family. "Hey stop," I called out pointlessly. Then I felt the line snap and I fell into the darkness. I was about to hit the ground when warm arms caught me. "Damian are you alright. What happened." Raeesa asked as she turned to hug me. Wait she was dead. I started to cry even harder as I clutched onto her. "I thought you had died again," I said as I cried into Raeesa's arms. "No, my combat boots held up the roof of the elevator enough for Barbra and Stephanie to escape," Raeesa stated. "But Damian what happened?" Raeesa asked. "Someone cut the cord," I said. "Yes for stealing our files." A dark menacing voice called out. Suddenly Raeesa pulled out her swords. "Show yourself or are you too much of a coward to face me," Raeesa called out. The dark figure laughed darkly. "You will know in due time." He said as he disappeared. "What did he mean by stealing our files?" Barbra asked. Raeesa sighed. "I am Devil's Breath and earlier today I stole Lex Luther's files and sold them to Batman," Raeesa said flatly. "Wait are you serious?" Stephanie asked. "Yes," Raeesa said sadly. "Oh my god. You and that other person were wicked. You guys defeated Superman. You are amazing. Like wow, I am standing in the dark with a legend." Stephanie said. "Okay, can we all agree to Not ride elevators anymore?" Barbra asked. "You mean the elevator of death. Yes, I am never riding an elevator again." Stephanie chimed. "For once I agree with brown," I stated flatly. "Now how are we supposed to get out of here? Raeesa what are you doing?" Stephanie asked. Raeesa pulled out lots of roped, cables, and two titanium Sais. "Dami do you know to create a harness," Raeesa asked holding up a thick rope.

Raeesa's pov

Realization flashed over Damian's face. "Sister I trust you, but for Brown and Gordon," Damian asked. "They will come," I answered as I tied the thick titanium cord creating a harness with the cord draping behind me. "Wait can someone fill us in on what we are doing?" Barbra asked. "Do you know to create a harness with a rope?" I asked her. "No who knows how to do that? Barbra asked. I quickly grabbed the rope and started making a harness. "Well, when you have a heartless mother who happens to be an assassin. You are forced to learn how to be creative when it comes to safety gear." I said in a matter-of-fact voice. I quickly finished the harness. "Damian, are you done?" I asked. "Yes, sister." I walked over to him and tied the cable to the loop around in waist. "Again I asked what are we doing?" Stephanie asked. "Well in the league I was given a training exercise where I was given two days, six men, and 1 cable. I was asked to climb a 450ft gorge with the man without their assistance. To answer your question. I am going to climb us out of this elevator shaft. Barbra my only request is that you turn off the camera on floor 8 because I know no one is staying on that floor." I commanded. Stephanie seemed shocked. "Wait how are you going to climb when you can hardly see?" She asked. I lowered my duffel bag and brought out my Devil's Breath mask and my crimson Shadow mask. "Barbra I am going to give you my halo glove from my Crimson Shadow uniform to hack the cameras. I shall use my old mask to see in the dark with its night vision. Stephanie I am going to give you my crimson shadow mask that has night vision so you can check the ropes every so often to see how they are holding up." I spoke. "So you are going to do a death climb?" Barbra asked. "Yup," I replied shortly as I pulled out my Devil's Breath gloves and put on that horrible mask. Damian tied both Stephanie and Barbra to my cable. I held up my sais. "Are you guys ready?" I asked. "Hopefully we don't die." Stephanie chimed. I gave my duffle bag to Damian to hold. "Have faith," I said with a smirk although they couldn't see it.