ten

Poppy decided to visit Harry once more at St

Poppy decided to visit Harry once more at St. Mungo's the next day. She brought another picnic basket full of food. After Harry had so graciously finished all the food she made yesterday, she decided to make more. Her mother always did say that the way inside any person's heart was through their stomach. She also used to tell a young Poppy to use her Veela charm to get things she wanted, which Poppy did do when she was younger, but as she grew up, she realized that shouldn't be the way things got done.

Poppy shook her head to rid her mind of her mother. She liked her mother, but the Veela woman was overbearing at times, always wanting Poppy to settle down, but never settle for less, so it made it difficult for Poppy to date anyone long-term. Most guys also found Poppy's energy to be too much at times.

Poppy walked down the hallways of St. Mungo's, smiling and greeting others as she made her way to Harry's room. She was wearing a pink, frilly dress. It seemed to catch the attention of those around her due to the blandness of the walls and the nurses' uniforms. She decided it was because of the color pink and definitely not her Veela charm. Poppy reached Harry's door and took a deep breath, reaching her hand toward the doorknob until she heard a voice.

"Mate, you obviously like Papillon."

Papillon was definitly her. There was no one else with that surname. She tilted her head to the side and took a side-step, choosing to eavesdrop instead. It was wrong to do so, but she really wanted to know if Harry liked her.

"Yeah, but I don't think she likes me back," said Harry.

Poppy rolled her eyes. There she was, bringing him a basket full of food for the second time, and he didn't think she liked him. She had heard stories of Harry being stupid, but she didn't think he was that stupid.

"Mate, you're an idiot."

"Yes, Ron, I know because you keep reminding me.

"Just ask her out. What could go wrong? You nearly see her every day because of Teddy."

"That's what could go wrong. If she says no, I still have to see her every day," explained Harry.

"And if it doesn't?" Ron asked. "I pulled off Hermione, didn't I? Cross my heart, I love that insane woman. Papillon's not nearly as crazy as Hermione, so just try. Listen, I've got to get back to work, but I'll visit again if you don't get better soon."

Poppy scurried away from the door just in time for Ron to come out. He seemed startled by her appearance, gasping and jumping back.

"Godric, you scared me."

She smiled. "Sorry, Weasley. I didn't mean to."

"It's all right."

Poppy made a step to go inside, but Ron stopped her with a tap on the shoulder.

"Just do me a favor and ask him out if you like him," Ron begged. "He's killing me."

Poppy chuckled quietly. "Will do. Goodbye, have a nice day."

"You as well."

The two went their separate ways. Poppy closed the door behind her and approached Harry's bed. "

"I brought more food."

Harry smiled. "You're a miracle."

She shrugged. "Only a little."

She handed him the basket and he greedily took it, reaching inside.

"Hope Ron wasn't bothering you back there," said Harry.

"No, he was fine. Hey - " Poppy called out, drawing Harry's attention - "you woulnd't want to go on a date wiht me by any chance, would you?"

His mouth opened.

"Because I'd like to," she added.

He nodded, speechless.

She only smiled. "Eat up, Harry, before a fly flies in your mouth. We'll figure out a time for our date once you're better."