six

In the end, Harry did go on the field trip with Poppy and her students

In the end, Harry did go on the field trip with Poppy and her students. Though, he was technically still at work. His superiors didn't mind him missing half of his training for the day to take care of children, especially once they spotted Poppy. They said to Harry, "Must be nice to spend the day with her."

Because Harry was raised in the Muggle world, he was tasked with easing the Muggle-Borns, while Poppy talked about the Ministry of Magic, what they did, and made sure all her students were not lost.

Teddy was at the back of the line because he was the tallest, but he wasn't enjoying his time. He wanted to be next to Poppy at the front.

"Smile, Teddy. You're supposed to be having fun," Harry said from the back of the line.

Teddy only frowned more.

"That statue's moving!" a girl excitedly shouted.

"Look at that fountain!"

"Are there dragons here? I want to ride one."

Poppy's head snapped back. "Fraser, we are not riding dragons today."

"Why not?" he retorted.

"Because your father will hex me if you're harmed," she replied.

"My dad can't hurt you. You're too pretty," Fraser declared.

Poppy laughed. "He's also married, so hush now."

"But I'm not," Fraser stated. "Will you marry me?"

Harry spat out air as he tried to contain his laughter. Teddy stood up straighter, took his shoe off, and threw it at Fraser.

"No, she's marrying me!" Teddy declared.

Poppy gasped. "Edward Lupin!"

Fraser turned around and glared at Teddy. "Says who? Miss Flower is obviously going to be marrying me! I'm much better looking than you."

Teddy's bottom lip trembled. "At least I have more talent in one finger than you do in your whole body!"

The two boys simultaneously started crying.

"How do they even know big words?" Harry muttered.

Poppy sighed. "All right, children, I'd say it's time to cut our trip an hour short," she announced. "We're going back by Floo now, so - "

"You could always stay in the waiting room," Harry said. "It's quite spacious."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. Plus, they might meet some Aurors."