Bathroom Singer

Allison's P.O.V:

Thanksgiving dinner was finally over.

"Bye my babies" mom said while hugging everyone.

"Jesse... take good care of her" dad said while shaking Jesse's hand.

"I will sir" Jesse replied with a smile and then planted a kiss on my cheek. I couldn't help but feel butterflies in my stomach. The whole night, we acted as if we were a couple and it actually felt real. 

"Bye Al sweetie... we love you" mom said while they both hugged me and with that they left. Right on cue Joey attacked Jesse.

"YOU KISSED MY SISTER!!!"

"Chill!!! Bro I kissed her on the cheek... Ughhh... Joe you're going to ruin the leather" Jesse said while taking Joey's hands off of his leather jacket. 

"Why did you lie to them? Why did you lie to Alex?" I asked in a serious tone.

"Alex is a bi- not so nice person" Jesse said, changing the word once he realized that there were kids in the room. "He didn't have the right to talk to you like that... He deserved to get punched... and I know how your parents are and they were going to attack you with a million questions, so I.... took one for the team".

"Awwww Uncle Jesse has a soft side for Allision" Dj whispered to Steph.

"Nuh-uh" Jesse said in a baby voice while picking up Michelle and chasing the girl's into the kitchen. I just laughed. He's so good with kids...

"Al" Joey said, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?"

"Be careful" he said, and I just stared at him blankly. "Jesse isn't the nicest guy... He plays with girls... and I just don't want you to go through another heartbreak"

"Don't worry Joe... I learned a lot after what happened with Alex... and... Jesse isn't my type... Now I'm going to go to sleep because I am tired, and Tomorrow I need to go hunting for a job" I replied and with that I went to my new room to sleep.

~ The Next Morning ~

I woke up early at 8:00 am, and jumped into the shower. Not a lot of people know this about me... But I'm a bathroom singer and I enjoy it... I started singing "Too Good at Goodbyes" by Sam Smith. (I'm legit listening to the song rn lolll)

"You must think that I'm stupid
You must think that I'm a fool
You must think that I'm new to this
But I have seen this all before
I'm never gonna let you close to me
Even though you mean the most to me
'Cause every time I open up, it hurts
So I'm never gonna get too close to you
Even when I mean the most to you
In case you go and leave me in the dirt
But every time you hurt me, the less that I cry
And every time you leave me, the quicker these tears dry
And every time you walk out, the less I love you
Baby, we don't stand a chance, it's sad but it's true
I'm way too good at goodbyes
(I'm way too good at goodbyes)
I'm way too good at goodbyes
(I'm way too good at goodbyes)
I know you're thinking I'm heartless
I know you're thinking I'm cold
I'm just protecting my innocence
I'm just protecting my soul
I'm never gonna let you close to me
Even though you mean the most to me
'Cause every time I open up, it hurts
So I'm never gonna get too close to you
Even when I mean the most to you
In case you go and leave me in the dirt
But every time you hurt me, the less that I cry
And every time you leave me, the quicker these tears dry
And every time you walk out, the less I love you
Baby, we don't stand a chance, it's sad but it's true
I'm way to good at goodbyes
(I'm way to good at goodbyes)
I'm way too good at goodbyes
(I'm way too good at goodbyes)
No way that you'll see me cry
(No way that you'll see me cry)
I'm way too good at goodbyes
(I'm way too good at goodbyes)
No
No, no, no, no, no (I'm way too good at goodbyes)
No, no, no, no
No, no, no (I'm way too good at goodbyes)
(No way that you'll see me cry)
(I'm way too good at goodbyes)
'Cause every time you hurt me, the less that I cry
And every time you leave me, the quicker these tears dry
And every time you walk out, the less I love you
Baby, we don't stand a chance, it's sad but it's true
I'm way too good at goodbyes"

I  put on my clothes, fixed my hair, and went to open the door to see everyone standing and clapping.

"Oh my god... are you guys everywhere?!"

"Allision you have an amazing voice" Dj said with a big smile on her face.

"You can be a singer!" Steph added.

"WOCK STWAR!" Michelle attempted to yell with her tiny little voice making me laugh. 

"Aren't you girls gonna be late for school?" I asked.

"I'm taking them right now... come on girls... Allision you're amazing" Danny said with a big smile and then took the girls.

"I'm gonna be late for work... but damn! my sister can sing!" Joey said and kissed my cheek. Everyone was gone... but Jesse, he was still standing in front of the bathroom door just staring at me.

"Um... I need to go to my room" I said awkwardly while pushing past him and going into my room. 

"You're amazing!" Jesse said following me into my room.

"I'm okay" I replied casually.

"Your voice is so... unique... soft... but not too soft... you know?" He continued babbling and then he said "You need to sing... with me... tonight at my club!"

"What?" I said, turning to actually look at him now. 

"You can't let that voice go to waste... You need to show everyone your amazing voice"

"Jesse... I'm a bathroom singer... I don't sing in front of people... I have stage fright.. and I need to go job hunting" I said while walking down the stairs to grab my bag. 

"Singing can be your career... you can sing with my band!" Jesse exclaimed.

"Jesse... no... I can't... Now will you please drive me... I have a interview at nine and I don't have a car" I said.

"Okay but... you have to come to the smash club tonight" He said with a smirk.

"I'll walk" I replied and went for the door but he ran and stopped me.

"Okay okay! Look come to the club tonight... you don't have to sing... we will just drink and watch people do karaoke and if you feel comfortable then you can go up... deal?"

"fine... deal... now can we please go for my interview?"

"Yes" he said with a smile and with that we left for my interview. 

____________________________________________________________

Hey guys!!!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I know I haven't updated in almost a year! I just have been so buys, but I'm back now. 

And I thought it would be a perfect time to update now since majority of us are quarantined!

There will be slow updates!

Go checkout my other books if you haven't' already!