chapter 27

Dorothy and Josh were in his car, waiting for Darlington. Dorothy took the liberty of siting in front with josh. She was putting on black joggers and an oversized pink sweat.

The silence between them was thick that I'm sure my pen could poke at it.

Dorothy spoke up first "would you be my date to that resort stuffy? I can't let the gown mother gave me to to waste"

Josh blushed at her sudden question, "I'd take that as a yes" she spoke again looking out the window as her heart did flips and push ups.

"W-wait its just-" Josh began and she turned to face him, her elbow resting on the cup holder of the door using it to support her head. "Is that a no?" She asked trying to keep a calm demeanour.

"N-no.... it's just, aren't I meant to be the one asking you?" He asked looking up at her and she felt her heart doing stretches for an upcoming marathon.

"Well, you were taking your sweet time and I didn't want to wait till you asked one of the older girls" Dorothy said dismissively, still looking at him as a small smile formed on his face.

He scooted closer, placing a light kiss to her cheek, causing her to flinch away and him to retreat. And her heart is our next flash!!! "W-what was that for?" She stammered, eyes wide in shock.

"I'm sorry. I think I went ahead of myself" he said scratching the back of his head as both their cheeks seemed to have strawberry colouring on them. You think? "I'd love to go with you" he said with a sweet smile and she had the expression of a kid who was watching fire works for the first time.

"You should have just said that" Dorothy grumbled, face still flushed as she turned towards where Darlington was, coming out of the house, waving at their parents before getting into the back seat.

He was oblivious to the tension between his sister and best friend.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

The school was bustling with students excited for the road trip. Dorothy ran to meet her friends, a group of girls, Populars like herself.

She was with her back pack. With her beauty and brains, there was no way she won't earn a few attention and also she was part of the middle schools volley ball team.

She fitted in perfectly.

Josephine came down from her convertible, handing the keys to Williams to drive it back home. "Hey Williams could you get mine too?" Josh called and Williams nodded at the young master.

Darlington walked into the bus for the seniors, taking his seat at the back.

Ting! He brought out his phone. It was a message from Josephine.

"Where are you?" He typed a reply quickly.

"Back seat of seniors bus" and he heard another

Ting! From Dorothy

"Josephine just got more girls wanting to be friends with me since they think I know her. Help."

Darlington laughed. He quickly typed back "I'm so sorry! Just tell them off! Tell them you don't know her"

Ting!

Josephine: "I'd be right there darling save me a seat"

Darlington looked around and students had already started occupying spaces. Alicia was in the seat in front of him along with Lucy. Lyn took the seat beside him, Sebastian knew Josephine or Josh would want the rest seats so he stayed to the left, in front of them along with Almond.

Ting!

Sis: "well, that'll be hard to explain since someone just pulled up an old photo of you, me, her, Damien and Delphia" it was accompanied with a picture.

Darlington's mouth hung open a little as he stared at the picture and indeed it was a picture of all of them. He adgusted his glasses as though itll alter the image in front of him.

Dorothy being just three with a pout holding on to her teddy bear with her hair in pig tails, putting on a yellow floral gown and a winter jacket.

Delphia being nine with a sweater and school skirt and damion being 11, ruffling Delphia's hair in his school uniform and then, way shorter than them was him. In a big blue sweater and deep blue denim jeans with flip flops and a taller Josephine, pecking him by the side of his cheek.

She was in a cargo pants and a bumper jacket with a scarf around her neck. He had a flushed expression with a small smile.

He gulped hard,

Ting!

Sis: you taking time to reply is really scary. It's just been 12 years. Don't act all that surprised. And help me out!

Darlington snapped out of his daze earning Lyn's attention as she looked at the picture in disbelief. "No way." She breathed that even Darlington didn't hear. She scoffed lowly looking out the window to the right while Darlington scooted to the left window.

Staring at the picture in disbelief as he texted his sister.

"Cant help you there. Ask Josh. I'd send his number" Dorothy looked at the message trying to ignore the buzzing of the girls around her who were gasping.

"Nope"

"Don't"

"I don't need it"

"And you still sent it. Oh well, I'd deal with it myself" Dorothy shrugged as she put her phone aside.

One of the hottest guys in her class just stepped into the bus so everyone went mellow.

She rolled her eyes at it. He ain't got nothing on Josh she thought but stopped herself. What did she just think?

A small smile played its way to her lips. So this was that fairy tale feeling people talked about and along with the feelings she read on wattpad.

Her smile grew wider.

"Dorothy?" One of the twins, Al questioned tilting her head to the side as she made Dorothy snap out of her gaze. Al and Anne were opposites but similar in the wierdest ways. Al was girly and had a cute aura, her hair long and wavy brunet strands in two braids while Anne was a bad ass who looked up to Josephine.

Her hair neck length. Her aura was commanding and bad ass.

Dorothy shook her head a nothing and Al went to talking about how she'd do make up for Dorothy when Anne made her grand entrance.

Contrast to her sister's bright personality, Anne was dark and loved solitude. The silence and peace that came with being alone was bliss for her but that blizz was nothing compared to when she was playing sports, mostly soccer.

"Dorothy asked him to be her date!" Al squealed as soon as her sister was within ear shot and Anne smirked.

"So..... you finally had the balls after all my advice" Anne said taking her seat beside Dorothy as she crossed her legs in a commanding tone.

Al giggled and Dorothy just blushed as they gave more and more advices.