16. meeting her

You get into your car and drive back to the hospital. You nervously tapped your finger on the driver's wheel while stopping. After a while you finally made it.

You got out of your car and went to the front desk. A blonde sweet pale lady sat there.

"Uh, hello," you get her attention.

"I got a text asking if I got some pills I needed and I thought I did but I was wrong."

The lady nodded. You could read a bit of confusion on her face. You typed something in and turned it back to you.

"What kind of pills are they?"

"Well, I-"

You take out your phone to show the text.

"They were never actually specified but I think they are some kind of sleeping-"

Your hand, which was holding the phone was firmly grabbed by the wrist by a strong woman.

You gasp and look at her. She had curly brown hair that was in a bundle of mess, she was wearing a pink former shirt with a white lab coat which was pretty dirty. After you examine her your eyes meet and you shivered.

Her expression seemed to be one of contained rage. She had bright blue beautiful eyes but the eye bags underneath were strong evidence that she wasn't getting enough sleep.

She tries to smile but it ends up being a grin. "I'll take it from here." her eyes dart on the woman at the desk. You look at her as well and she just awkwardly folded her hands and nodded with submission. She looked a bit scared. And so were you.

You were aggressively pulled away by that sleep-deprived creep. She took down a hallway and into her office. She finally let go after practically throwing you onto the couch that stood at the end of the room.

You sit up and she locks the door. She then takes a seat at the desk which was facing the couch. She tried again to act nice by smiling. But she only made herself look like some psycho from a cliche horror film.

You get comfortable on the couch but your sweating and shivering in discomfort. Clearing your throat you ask:

"Um, why did you lock the door?"

"Oh so you won't run away." her voice even sounded like she was some psycho. You just got more nervous but she spoke up.

"Oh, don't worry dear you're not in trouble! It's just that a lot of patients get pretty scared of me even though I try to be friendly. But my job is very important." she stands and starts to walk around, each step filled with pride. "I make medicine!" she cheered making you jump. She bends over and takes out a syringe from her desk. It was filled with a clear liquid.

She looks at it proudly and turns her gaze towards you.

"This is what I made to help those poor people with their dreadful nightmares. It also comes in pills."

You gasp. She pulls out a little bottle of pills and hands them to you with that psycho grin again.

"Be sure to take one pill every night, you can refill them here."

She walks up to you and puts them in your hand. You look at the bottle. It was white, with no label on it. The psycho lady was about to exit the door when you asked her-

"Wait, uh... What exactly do these pills do?"

She spins around and replies immediately "They make you stop dreaming so you won't have nightmares. You will get your rest and all but no dreaming. It's alright though, it's not like anyone remembers what they dream up."

She then walks through the door as you sit there in shock. It makes sense now. That's why everyone was forgetting Freddy, they were dismissing him as a dream. And now that they don't dream Freddy can't pull them in.

You quickly shot up and ran to your car. Hoping in you drove back home. This doesn't explain why you can't find anything online but it does explain why Freddy can't pull people in. And who was that creepy psycho lady? Did she know about Freddy?

You had so many questions and you could only hope Freddy could answer them.

A/N
I just wanna say thank you so much for 1k reads! I just noticed it and altho my average amount of reads on each chaoter is only like 60+ im still very happy that people are enjoying this. And thank you so much for the comments! Just 1 comment of you telling me you like the books makes me so happy. I have developed a super cool plot here rn and camt wait to write it all. Alrighty sweet dreams everyone!
Published: July 14 2020
Edited: May 14 2021