CHAPTER 9: BRIGHTEST STAR WILL BE REBORN

Michael's POV

I WENT outside of the medical station and let Commander Galilei take care of Zaniah. It's his command I can't do anything but follow his order, kahit gusto kong manatili sa loob at manatili sa tabi ni Zaniah.

Who am I to disobey one of the highest crew here in ISS? I'm nothing but a low class astronaut.

I slowly shut the door without making any sound. Paupo akong sumandal sa tapat ng pintuan. I closed my eyes at nilagay ko ang aking ulo sa dalawa kong kamay.

I'm glad she's safe. And I hope that she's alright after almost facing her death. That moment, for the second time, my greatest fear appeared. I never felt it for a very long time. But when I saw Zaniah sailing close to the wind, I didn't feel anything but . . . to be scared, scared to lose her. At ang tanging nasa isip ko ay kailangan ko siyang iligtas.

"Just- Michael!" Commander Galilei shouted when I am about to open the door of Quest Joint Airlock.

"Sir please, allow me to go with her! I can't let my f-friend die!" I shouted back. I can't let her die. I still don't want to have a beautiful guardian angel.

"Commander, are you still there? Can you hear me?" rinig kong sabi ni Zaniah sa kabilang linya.

"I'll go with her," seryosong sabi ni Commander Galilei.

"But I'm her friend-"

"I'm the commander," he said seriously. "You stay here and fix the system. I'll go outside. Michael, at this kind of situation, trust me. I. . . I won't let my astronaut die."

He immediately wear his spacesuit and begin to step out in the station. Wala akong nagawa kundi sundin siya, but before he leave, "Save her, Drake," pakiusap ko sa kaniya.

Isang maliit na tango ang natanggap ko mula sa kaniya. "I will."

After that, I saw him floating in the space. Mabilis siyang gumalaw hanggang sa hindi ko na siya nakita. Ako naman, mabilis akong nagtungo sa mga controls and screen to do what I needed to do. After a number of hand gestures, the system came back to normal. Thanks God.

"Zaniah, can you hear me?" I murmured and wait for her reply. But the moment I heard​ her words, my heart shattered into pieces.

Movement of our space station seems to slow down. The stars seem to lose its light. Everything, everything fall, everything begins to destroy, including my chance to her.

"Drake, m-mahal kita."

Habang inaalala ko ang pangyayaring 'yon, unexpectedly, my tears began to fall.

Curse this tears! Curse this heart! Go to hell universe!

Her smiles, her determinations, her hope, her abilities, I can't do anything but to fall. I can't do anything but to be drown by those! I can't stop myself from falling . . . for her. Yes, I'm in love with her. I'm in love of one of my best friend, astronaut Zaniah Bellatrix Mondragon...!

Am I do be blame? The moment I saw her, the moment I see her passion, I can't help but to admire her, everything about her. She always said that she needs someone to fly for her, that she needs someone to be her wings. Pero hindi niya alam, she became someone's wings, someone's inspiration, someone's life. And I guess, that's what happened to me.

Hinayaan ko na lamang pumatak ang mga luha ko. I know, it doesn't suit for a man like me to cry, but this is my only instrument to release the pain I am feeling right now.