Chapter 12

Demetrius' POV

"Isabelle, you are my mate. My one and only. I am so very sorry for picking on you for all these years, I have liked you so much for so long, and I thought that you were only human, so I started picking on you to try and forget my feelings for you. Especially since I didn't think that you would be my mate," I explain to Isabelle.

Giselle slowly walks into the room. I can see that she wants to talk to Isabelle alone. I get up to leave the room as Isabelle begins to talk.

"Dem, please stay." I can tell it's her wolf but hearing her ask me to stay makes my heart melt. I look to her mom who nods at me. I situate myself on her bed and try to give her some space, but she nuzzles into my side.

Giselle pulls a chair up to the side of the bed and takes a deep breath.

"You see Isabelle, your father was – is – my mate. Until your father and I, there was never any cross-species mates. Your father is the Prince of the Demons. He hasn't been around much because he needs to be with his mother, Ereshkigal, learning how to handle running Kur. When Ereshkigal first found out that I was his mate, she had banned us from being together," she began. I could she her start to tear up, and so could Isabelle. She moved closer to her mother while keeping physical contact with me.

"Ninazu, your father, decided to go behind his mother's back and against her wishes for him to be with Ninigirida. Ereshkigal had planned Ninazu's whole life for him. He didn't want any of it though. He wanted to do his own thing and follow his own path. When I became pregnant with you, he told his mother that we were expecting a little girl, he thought that she would come to and accept the fact that we were mates." She scoffed as she leaned back into her chair. "Sometimes I don't think Fenrir thought it through when he paired me with your father. But then I look at you and I thank Fenrir for bring you into my life."