Chapter 8

Demetrius' POV 

As I am walking away from Isabelle's house, I begin to think about what I am going to say to my father. I know that he is letting my mate stay in the territory without having her or her mother join the pack. But I still don't know why.

As I am walking through the door of my house, I can tell that my dad is in his office. I walk up the stairs and knock on his door. 

"Come in," he calls. 

I walk through his door and sit in the chair in front of his desk and wait for him to look up from his paper work. 

As soon as he looks up at me, I ask him "Why is there a rouge living in our territory without having to join the pack?"

He sighs and leans back in his chair while rubbing his eyes. He looks at me with tired eyes. "I have been letting them stay here since I know that the rouges daughter is also the daughter of the prince of demons."

"I know that. That girl is my mate," I say.

"Really? Well that is amazing. Does she know?" he asks me.

"No. She doesn't know because as far as both her mother and I can tell, she is human."

"Well, that is disappointing," he mutters.

I stand up throwing my chair across the room as I do so. "What do you mean 'that is disappointing.' She is my mate. I don't care if she is human or otherwise."

He stutters and tries to correct himself. "I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that if she had powers or access to either side, she would be able to help us with the rouges."

I growl at him and storm out of his office before I tear him to shreds. 

"Isabelle will not be used to defeat the rouges. She will be no where near danger."

"I know that. I need to see her."

I shift and run towards her home. Her mother is waiting outside for me. 

"She is in her room," she says. 

I quickly shift back and pull on the shorts that she throws at me. I jog up to Isabelle's room and knock on the door. 

"Go away mother." I knock again and slowly open the door. "I said to go away."