Desperation

~Louis~

It felt like Gordon couldn't drive fast enough, the fear gripping his heart making him feel sick to his stomach.

Louis had asked Gordon to call in some reinforcements to the school and also his contacts that were keeping watch over some of his cousins that attended as well, considering that Gordon came from the same company that most of his family used for their security detail.

Everything had been reported that nothing was wrong, and that troubled him even more than if there was news of a fire or something crazy, because if they didn't have news of something going down, then that meant that Malia was on her own and no one knew what was happening to her.

He gripped the sides of the black leather seat so hard he felt his fingernails puncture the expensive material, cursing under his breath as Gordon took a turn a little too quickly.

He would kill that man, Daniel, if he got the chance. Gordon got the phone number that Malia had called Louis and sent it to his contacts and ran it through their system and sure enough, one Daniel McGinnis was the owner of said phone line.

Louis was growing concerned that he could be a part of the King's Horses gang, wondering what motive he could have to terrorize Malia while also being one of Henry's guards.

Louis had always had his doubts about Henry, but after the death of his father, Louis' uncle, Henry had really stepped up in his tutoring sessions on politics and world affairs and became the golden cousin in the press.

Some news outlets even went as far to say that they would prefer Henry to take over one day instead of Louis himself, and that thought had almost given him a sigh of relief to not have to worry about the constraints of royal life. He couldn't picture Henry being in on this no matter how much of a scumbag he knew Henry to be.

Gordon flung them around another curve lightning fast and Louis held on for dear life, wishing he could throw Malia a lifeline to let her know that they were coming, sure that she must have been terrified out of her mind...

He pulled up to the school finally, students milking about as if nothing out of the ordinary was occurring and he tore out of the town car without a second thought, the only thing on his mind being Malia.

*******

~Malia~

I had shown up to school that day planning on worrying about catching up on math homework that I'd skimped on and making up assignments that I'd missed after a day of parading around England with their crowned prince, but I did not expect the situation that was sitting before me in that moment.

Daniel had me locked in an empty classroom, pacing around as if he were crazy. He kept muttering something to himself over and over again, hitting himself with the palm of his hand against his lightly tanned skin.

I wondered how I'd gotten myself in that situation, and it all started when Lizzie had approached me the second I'd made it to campus that morning.

"So, when were you going to tell me about the big fat lie about your dead boyfriend? You do know he's alive, right?"

I sighed and cast my eyes to the ground as I followed her to the picnic tables in the front of the school.

"I thought he was dead, so did his entire family. I have pictures from his funeral, for God's sake, but he told me he faked his own death when he was recruited by a dangerous organization and that since the press outed him he could come back into the public, or something like that I don't know. But I didn't lie to you."