19. 'Is he looking for the Twink look?'

Nick had an appointment at a wholesale furniture. Jason enjoyed himself excellently in the warehouse, followed by a delicious lunch so he felt really relaxed.

"Thank you," he told Nick. "I needed that."

"I know you," Nick smiled. "That's why I know so well that you can't put the situation with Conner away. I'd like to offer you the opportunity to meet him before the start of the party tonight."

Jason inspected him with extreme caution. "Why don't I like where you're going with this?"

Nick ignored the remark. "It seemed to me because you picked Conner's outfit for your party, he should have the same chance for tonight at his party."

"Our party," he corrected.

"With his mates," Nick pointed out sparingly.

"Touché," he admitted. "So what's next? Conner's going to take me shopping for an outfit?"

Nick bit his lower lip. "Among other things. I've got a little more planned, but you'll hear about that later." He got up. "Have fun this afternoon."

"Where are you going?", Jason asked him surprised.

Nick looked at his watch.

"Conner could be here any minute and I think it's better that he doesn't see me."

"Thank you, Nick. You're a good friend," Jason nodded.

"Thank you, but my motives are less noble. I hope to hear the whole story one day. This can only be done if there are new developments," he winked.

After a light kiss on Jason's cheek, he left.

Reclining, Jason picked up the walking crowd passing past him across the terrace. A young kitchen assistant was just clearing his table when Conner came running. With the sunlight in his black hair, a smile on his face that was reflected in his bright steel blue eyes, he was more than worth the look.

Jason was able to regain his nonchalant attitude just in time, but the poor kitchen aid blushed up behind his ears when seeing the dynamic man. The crockery sounded audible in his bin during his return to the kitchen.

"What's his problem?", Conner asked settling in a chair.

Feigning ignorance Jason shrugged. "I don't know." After a brief silence, he asked: "What are the plans for this afternoon?"

Conner rubbed his hands with satisfaction. "Buying clothes for tonight."

"If you put me a dress, I'll break your nose," Jason warned him.

"I've already spoken to Karen about your clothes preference. She agreed with me that you have a preserved style for an artist."

Jason looked down at his coffee-colored pants, light blue shirt and coral red jacket.m"What do you mean? I have a retained clothing style because I don't dress like a teenager?, he said indignantly to Conner pointing.

"Do I look like a teenager?", he asked surprised looking at his jeans and T-shirt.

"No, you don't, but I would if I dressed in something like that," Jason retorted.

"Is that true?", Conner asked clearly interested.

Jason snorted disgruntled. He ignored Conner's outstretched hand when he got up and stubbornly raised his chin in the air. He held on to that attitude until they stopped at a store.

"You can't seriously mean this?", he incredulously said when seeing the fluorescent clothes in the shop window. "Absolutely not."

"We're just going to look inside," Conner told him.