Chapter 8

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I stare at the screen in shock, not moving. I think about what he has said. "I see a young man with potential. A young lady who is loyal. Who can do as he or she's asked, and who wants to do something good with their lives. And yes, someone who needs a bandage." He believed in us. "I chose two candidates because either of you could easily be excellent Kingsman. My relations to your parent do not affect my decision when it comes to what you have done in life." He believed that I wasn't like my mother. And he left with my calling him a liar. Telling him to walk away in hate. Harry was my mentor, yes, but he meant so much to me. I can't believe he's gone. I watch as Eggsy pours himself a drink, gulping in down while he stares at nothing in horror and shock. "Eggsy?" My voice cracks. He looks at me with a pain felt look. "We need to make sure they know." I say. He nods. I pull him into a tight hug, which he reciprocates. "We're gonna end this." I say determinedly. Valentine. Will. Pay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walk into Arthur's office. "Arthur, Harry's dead." Eggsy says, an emptiness laced in his voice. Arthur looks at us in slight shock. "Galahad is dead. Hence, we have just drank a toast to him." Is his response. "Well, then you know what that psycho's doing. How many people around the world have got those SIM cards? Valentine can send his signal to any of them, all of them. If they all go homicidal at the same time, then..." Eggsy continues, walking towards Arthur. I stay in the doorway for a moment, contemplating my options. Arthur doesn't seem all too concerned with this revelation. I decide to follow Eggsy into the room. "Indeed. And thanks to Galahad's recordings, we have Valentine's confession. The intelligence has been passed on to the relevant authorities. Our work is complete, and a most distinguished legacy for our fallen friend, it is, too." I register this. This would have been all over the news by now. Something's off, I know it. "And that's it?" I ask.

"Come and sit down." Arthur ignores my question. I nudge Eggsy slightly, and give him a look that says 'stay alert.' Eggsy takes the seat next to him, and I sit next to Eggsy. Arthur points to a bottle of brandy on the table. "This is an 1815 Napoleonic brandy, and we only drink it when we lose a Kingsman. Galahad was very fond of both of you." Arthur starts to pour three glasses of the brandy, and then I notice that Arthur has an implant scar under his ear. I make a quiet, sharp, intake of breath, nudging Eggsy from under the table. He notices the scar too. "And on this occasion, I think it's acceptable for us to bend the rules a little." Arthur says, placing a glass in front of me and Eggsy, as well as himself. Eggsy points to the paintings on the wall to distract Arthur. "Are these all Kingsmen?" He asks. Arthur turns. I smile at Eggsy as I use the opportunity to switch Arthur and Eggsy's brandy glasses. He gives me a look, presumably because I didn't switch mine, but doesn't say anything. "Yes, they're, uh, founder members. I want you to join me in a toast." He pushes the glass of brandy to Eggsy a bit more. "To Galahad." Arthur raises his glass. I want to scowl in disgust at this man, but I raise my glass instead. "To Galahad." Eggsy drinks his glass, as the had been switched, but I pour mine to the floor when they drink their glasses.

"Harry said you don't like to break rules, Arthur. Why now?" I ask. "You're very good. Perhaps I will make you my proposal for Galahad's position. Provided, of course, that we can see eye to eye on certain political matters." Arthur picks up one of the pens that activates poison. I thought so. "Can you guess what this is?" Arthur asks. "We don't have to, Harry showed us. You click it, we die. I thought that brandy tasted a bit sharp." Eggsy states. I glare at Arthur. Arthur chuckles. "Bravo." Is his response. "So Valentine won you over. What a suck up." I say with snarkyness in my voice. "Once he explained, I understood." Arthur states.
"When you get a virus, you get a fever. That's the human body raising its core temperature to kill the virus. Planet Earth works the same way. Global warming is the fever, mankind is the virus. We're making our planet sick. A cull is our only hope. If we don't reduce our population ourselves, there's only one of two ways this can go. The host kills the virus, or the virus kills the host. Either way, The result is the same. The virus dies." Arthur explains, quoting Valentine.