Chapter 5

(Y/n) P.O.V.

Eggsy, Charlie, Roxy and I are watching the news after that...experience. "This unprecedented giveaway by the philanthropist Richmond Valentine has already seen over a billion cards distributed." The reports says. I sit next to Eggsy, Tobys head on my lap. Then, Merlin enters the room and the we all stand to attention. "At ease. So you thought we were done for the day, huh? Well, we're not." Merlin says, I inwardly groan, but am not surprised. He gives each of us an envelope. "A party?" Roxy asks, voicing my confusion. "Tonight, in London." Merlin confirms. "Who's this?" Charlie asks, holding up a picture of some girl. "Your target. Your mission is to use your NLP training to win over the individual in the photograph in your envelope. And when I say "win over," I do mean in the biblical sense." Merlin reports.

"Easy. Posh girls love a bit of rough." I scoff in jealousy. Unfortunately he hears it. Fortunately he takes it to mean something else. "What? You think she'd rather go for Charlie? Wow, (Y/n), I thought you were different." He says with mock hurt. I roll my eyes, but am inwardly relieved. "I just think you're not as smooth as you think you are." I decide, totally lying. "Watch me." He smirks. "We'll see about that, yeah?" Charlie asks, holding up the picture. "We certainly will." Roxy confirms. We all get up to change for this party. I decide to wear a simple black dress that clearly says 'I'm looking for a hookup.' It's backless, shows plenty of cleavage, and stop mid thigh. Not usually something I like to wear, but I'm ready to have this challenge in the bag. I pair the dress with black, strapped heels, and light makeup. I leave my hair to naturally lay on my head, giving myself a fun, loose, look.

Once I'm ready to go, I find the others. Roxy was ready first in a blue party dress, then Charlie in a suit, the Eggsy comes up in an orange and black jacket, baseball cap, and jeans. Hot damn. We exit the quarters to leave. Eggsy comes up from behind me on my right, placing hand on my left shoulder. "You look gorgeous, (Y/n)." He whispers. And then I do something, I don't do. I blushed.

Eggsy P.O.V.

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit. She turns pink, and I chuckle lightly. Holy fuck, the things this girl does to me. Her in this dress nearly give a me a nosebleed. I feel so strongly for her, but don't know how to tell her. And what about after all this? Only one of us can win the position. Will we never see each other? I couldn't bare the thought. I'm in love with her. She's beautiful, talented, kind, strong, smart. She understands me, and I understand her. I want to protect her, hold her, call her mine. I want to kiss her soft lips, and love her. "You good, Eggsy?" (Y/n)'s angelic voice breaks me from my thoughts. I nod. "Sorry." She chuckles. I realize my arms still around her shoulders. I don't plan on moving it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n) P.O.V.

At the party Charlie tries to chat up the female target. "Hi. Sorry, I just had to come over and say, amazing eyes. Are you wearing color contacts?" I hear him say to her. "No!" She laughs. "You so are." Charlie continues. I'm about to walk over, but Roxy best me to it. I decide to wait a moment to not seem to suspicious. I instead grab a glass of champagne from the waiter going around. "Oh, my God, negging. That's hilarious. I haven't heard anyone try that since the noughties." Roxy states. "Excuse me?" The target asks. "Negging. Saying something negative to a pretty girl in order to undermine her social value. It's supposed to make you want to win his approval. Absurdly basic, neuro-linguistic programming technique." Roxy explains over the loud music. I take a sip of the weird tasting champagne.

"Is it just me, or does this champagne taste a little bit funny?" Eggsy asks, walking over. I join them. "Nah, I'm getting it too." I state. "It's an acquired taste, mate." Charlie says matter-of-factly. "I think it's just cheap." Roxy insists. "Get one of these instead, they're delicious." The target says, referring to her cocktail. "You know, I just might." I say with a wink, to which she laughs to. "You know, if you're into seduction techniques, this guy is textbook. See what he just did? It's called an opinion opener. He got you talking with a neutral question, got all of us involved in the conversation, so that you crave individual attention." Charlie says, referring to Eggsy.