Chapter 4

Katherina POV

I heard someone walking in the room, I didn't turn around because I knew who it is. I keep looking outside the window on the street.

It has been two weeks since I came here, and with every passing day I am accepting what my life is and it will be. Last week Nathan told me to shift in his room and I thought that it was better off if I slit my wrist that day but I missed the chance. When I shifted in his room he already has the closet filled with my clothes and cosmetics.

In all these days I haven't seen him, our last encounter had me realise that I don't have anything left and what is happening with me I'm not strong enough to fight it, so instead I'm slowly accepting my life.

There is something about him that scares me to death. He hasn't done anything to me yet, hasn't raised his voice on me but the calmness he has terrifies me more. I want to fight with him but whenever I go in front of him I can't even say a single word properly.

"I want you to get ready in ten minutes" his voice sent a shiver down my spine.

"Why?" I ask turning around to look at him.

"Because I said so" he replied sternly.

"Okay," I whisper.

"I'm waiting outside".

I nodded my head and he left.

I'm just taking orders from him now, I can't refuse what he says otherwise he already told me what happens to people who disrespect him.

In these past days after my encounter with him in his office, I haven't seen him much. He avoided me completely like I didn't even exist but it's not the first time that has happened to me, I was almost non existing for my father all these years.

I wore a black gown that reaches my knees with silver heels, applying minimal makeup I got ready and walk out in foyer.

Nathan's back was towards me, he turned when the driver open the door for me.

He was wearing a black suit with a black shirt, I can't ignore how gorgeous he looks. How could be he so ruthless and handsome at the same time.

I sat inside the car as Nathan slipped beside me.

He took me out for dinner, the place looked one of the finest of course it would otherwise the don wouldn't be sitting here.

Nathan is looking at the menu while I try to figure out why everybody had there head bow down and nobody is looking at our direction. Do these people know Nathan? Do these people know he is a mafia leader? Will anybody help me here if I try to run?

"I own this place" my head turn to Nathan who was looking at me with a smirk.

I guess he just gave answer to all my questions. It is worthless thinking about running away from this man.

"What would you like to have?" Nathan ask me.

"Can I have the menu?" I extend my hand to pick the menu when Nathan cut me in between.

"I didn't knew you know Spanish".

"I don't" I replied and look down at the menu when I notice the language which I am unable to read.

"We will have two plates of carbonara with two glasses of amarone wine" Nathan spoke arrogantly to waitress without looking at her.

"Enseguida, Senor Pierce" the waitress replied in a scared voice. (Right away, Mr. Pierce)

"No llegues tarde" Nathan said looking at me. (Don't be late)

Perfect he brought me to a place where nobody will understand me even if I shout for help. These people are speaking Spanish including Nathan himself whereas I don't even understand anything in Spanish except for 'gracias' which means thank you which I don't think I'd be needing here.