Chapter 24-The Illusion Mist (2)

Xiu Xiang was sure that every bone in her body would be crushed to pieces if Wei Xing exerted any more strength into his embrace, but the pain wasn't as shocking as the fact that she was being embraced by the man who she thought was made out of stone.

At the moment, Wei Xing held none of that calm and composed demeanor. He looked more like a frightened child than anything else. He buried his face into her shoulder as he repeated himself, "Don't leave me."

"Wei Xing... you're hurting me..." Xiu Xiang managed to say as she softly patted him on the back. That only made him hold her tighter as if she would disappear at any given moment.

She was sure that Wei Xing had fallen under the spell of the illusion mist and was suffering from his worst fears, but what could that fear possibly be for him to succumb to this state?

But then, she remembered that she was in no better state than he was. She had left Bai Qing behind after hearing his tormenting scream. She needed to get the both of them back to Bai Qing before she too fell under the spell of the illusion mist.

"Wei Xing, you're...!"

"Xiu Xiang... don't leave me again," Wei Xing said suddenly.

She froze at his words.

What?

Wei Xing's deepest fears had something to do with her? How? Why?

She didn't get the chance to think further because she suddenly heard a menacing voice from behind her.

"Demoness!" the voice hissed.

Xiu Xiang blinked once and Wei Xing was gone before her eyes. She was all alone within the illusion mist.

"Waste!" someone called out. She whipped around and saw her sibling disciples from the North Peak. Wang Yue was leading the group as they circled around her. Xiu Xiang was no longer wearing her plain white clothes but the tattered uniform of North Peak. It was as if she had gone back to that weak Xiu Xiang. She tried to call out her fire but nothing came out. Fearing for her life, she started to run away, but Yi Yan appeared from the crowd and swung her whip, easily catching her.

They tied her up to that pole and one by one they inflicted pain on her. Master Feng Mian stood in the background sneering at her broken figure.

"I'm under the spell of the illusion mist..." Xiu Xiang thought as she closed her eyes and tried to will away the scene before her but she felt lashes of pain over and over on her body.

Was it an illusion?

"Xiu Xiang..." she heard someone call out to her. Her eyes fluttered open and she realized she was no longer tied to the pole. The scenery before her disappeared and she was no longer at North Peak but an open battlefield. Bloody corpses filled the battlefield and she was in the middle of it all. It was exactly like the end of the novel.

"Wei Xing?" Xiu Xiang called out. She turned around and there he stood, but something was off about him. Wei Xing wasn't wearing the red wedding robes from earlier. He was dressed in white robes, covered in blood. The eyes that normally looked back at her with a calmness and tenderness was gone. There was only loathing and disdain.

She was about to call out to him when he raised his sword and aimed the tip toward her.

"Did you honestly think an evil demoness like you would have a happy ending?" Wei Xing asked sharply.

"Wei Xing, I...!" Xiu Xiang suddenly wanted to tell him that she wasn't really the Demoness and that she doesn't want to be someone who instilled fear onto others, but before she could get another word out, Wei Xing sent his sword flying. She watched as his sword pierced her where her heart was.