cincuenta y tres

It had finally hit that point of the party where everyone was dancing, so to escape it all, Arcelia was hiding under a table eating another slice of cake.  Of course she danced with everyone for almost am hour, but she got tired, plus her cousins kept wanting pictures at the photo area with the flower wall.

Sebastian found Arcelia under her table and smiled before looking around and then crawling under to ait across from her.  "Why are you hiding?"

"Because my family's crazy."  She stated.  "Everyone wants to dance and take pictures, but my feet hurt."  She pouted, nodding over to her heels that were discarded beside her. "Want a bite?"

Sebastian shook his head and Arcelia moved so her legs were in his lap. "I brought you a present."

"Oh, you're supposed to put it on the present table by the entrance." Arcelia explained, about to lift the gold table cover to show Sebastian.

"I put Cesar's there, but I wanted to give you this."

Arcelia put her plate beside her and looked at Sebastian as he reached inside his jacket. When he pulled his hand out, he had a small white box. He handed it to Arcelia and nervously watched her open it.

 He handed it to Arcelia and nervously watched her open it

"Seba, this is too expensive! Take it back."

Sebastian chuckled and shook his head, pushing Arcelia's hand back to her. "It's a promise ring. Or a friendship ring. Whichever one you're more confortable with."  Sebastian explained.  "I know we haven't been together that long, but even before, you were one of my best friends.  I promise to always be by your side no matter what, and to always love you no matter what situation we're in."

Arcelia pouted and watched Sebastian take the ring out before he slid it onto her middle finger. "Seba, it's so pretty." Arcelia teared up as she looked down at her finger with a pout still on her face.

Sebastian smiled at her reaction and held Arcelia's free hand as she looked down at her present. "Do you like it?"

Arcelia nodded her head and leaned over to wrap her arms around Sebastian's shoulders.  "Thank you.  I'm never taking it off." Arcelia smiled as she looked at Sebastian's face before she leaned in to kiss him.

"Dónde está Arcelia?"  The two heard from just outside their hiding spot. 

Arcelia giggled, but then cover Sebastian's mouth.  "I didn't say anything."  He whispered. 

Arcelia put her finger to her lips as she heard her dad asking people for her, then looked at Sebastian with a smile.  "He's gone now."

"