dos

4 weeks later

Arcelia and Cesar were walking back home after spending several hours at Ruby's house. They didn't really want to, but since it was already getting late and their neighborhood, they ended their game of Twister.

They reached the front of their house and grew solemn when they noticed the front door open and the lights on. The twins could've sworn everything was off and closed when they left.

The two cautiously went you the front doors, Arcelia behind Cesar, and paused when all the Santos looked at them. They were beings confused because none of them have been around since Oscar had gotten arrested. Unless...

"O!" Arcelia suddenly shouted, pushing Cesar to the side and running to her oldest brother. Oscar caught her with ease and let her body dangle as she hugged him and quietly cried tears of happiness.

"Sup, 'mano. ¿Cómo has estado?" Cesar stood by the doorway in shock while all the Santos watched.

"Guess we know who the favorite sibling is." One of them laughed, watching as Arcelia jumped down then wrapoed her arms around their leader's waist.

She looked so much smaller standing next to Oscar. While she stood at only 4'10, Oscar was at 6'2.

Everyone was waiting for Cesar to do something, but all he did was walk up and hug his brother, shoving Arcelia away by pushing her forhead. "Hey, I was here first." She said, moving to go under Cesar so she could go back to hugging the brother she hasn't been able to see in 4 years.

"How is it that tu cabeza se hizo más grande pero you haven't grown an inch since you were 10?" Oscar joked, laughing even more when Arcelia's little fist hit his abdomen.

***

The few days later, Cesar went over to Ruby's house while Arcelia decided to stay with Oscar. Ever since he came back, she didn't really want to leave his side in fear cops would pull up and take him away again.

Since she was the only girl in the family, Oscar spoiled her and treated her like a princess. When he was arrested, she was heartbroken and cried for about a week straight. Their mom stayed around for a while, but at some point, she disappeared.

Now it was just the 3 and Arcelia didn't plan on losing either one of her brothers.

While Oscar and his friends worked out and drank in the front lawn, Arcelia ate a pizza that she got Oscar to make her. She didn't do much, just sat and watched them, she even got some chisme about some of the girls on the block.

"Angelita, the fuck is this?" Oscar shouted, opening the front door and holding up a pill bottle. "Why the hell do you need birth control?" Arcelia glanced back at the Santos members who were discreetly listening before pushing Oscar, trying to at least, back into the house.

"They make my skin clear." She told him, crossing her arms in front of her chest, which actually grew a few sizes.

Oscar hummed, glaring at the bottle and looking to his little sister. "If I find out you ain't a virgin, I'm bustin' some knee caps."

"I know. You told me this when I was like 7." Arcelia whined. "Can I go eat my pizza, now? All your friends are going to steal it."

Oscar waved her off and she quickly walked back outside.

Cesar came home a few hours later, slamming the front door and gently closing his bedroom door when Oscar cussed him out. Arcelia rose up from the couch after pausing her movie and knocked on his door.

"Cesar, puedo entrar?"

"I don't want to talk, Celi. Go aw-"

"Well, that sucks because your door was unlocked. Therefore, as your twin, I can walk in." Arcelia said, walking in while Cesar glared at her. "Qué pasó? Why are you all mad?"

"Ruby." Cesar grumbled out. Arcelia furrowed her eyebrows at the lack of details and hit Cesar's shoulder, stopping when he picked her up and put her in the doorway. "Mind your business." Arcelia's mouth dropped and backed up before the door hit her nose.

"What a puto." Oscar watched from the couch as Arcelia stompped to her room with her arms crossed. He waited for the door to close like Cesar's did, but it never came. He shrugged and went back to counting his money, not wanting to get involved with their teenage drama.

Short lil chapter 💞
Next one about to get crazy