cincuenta y uno

get ur tissues ready, u whores

Arcelia looked around her reception in awe along with her chambelanes

Arcelia looked around her reception in awe along with her chambelanes.  "You got the flower wall!"  She cheered, running over to the wall of white and gold roses.  "Es tan bella."

"You're the one that picked everything out."  Oscar stated. 

Arcelia smiled to herself and clapped, keeping her hands together as she looked around smiling.  She then turned around to Oscar and adjusted her dress before hugging him.  "Thank you for all of this."

All the chambelanes watched Oscar hug back and Jamal's jaw dropped.  "You've been planning this since you could walk.  This was all dad's money."

"Yeah, but you helped me put it together."

Oscar smiled down at her and nodded. "Go finish your food before people get here."

"Oh, she finished. She finished my fries too." Jamal stated, tilting his head and staring at Arcelia with his eyes wide.

"They were getting cold and I only had like 3."

"No, they were in my hand and you stole half!"

× × ×

It was right before the shoe change prt of the quinceañera when Arcelia began losing her shit. "Wait where are my heels?"

"Oscar had them last." Jamal stated.

Arcelia groaned and picked up her dress to start running again, but Oscar was right behind her. "Celia, cálmate. Your heels are by the DJ already."

"I can't calm down. There's 200 people out there and I might fall on my face in the of our dance."

"You've worn heels before. And you're not gonna fall, I'll be holding you."

"What about when you let go?"

"I won't let you fall. Promise."

Arcelia nodded her head and hooked her arm with Oscar's as they both walked out and everyone began to clap.  Oscar had already given his speech, so all Arcelia had to do was sit down and have her heels put on. 

"Look, I painted them so they match my dress."  Arcelia pointed out.  The table that was closest to her, which happened to have her tías, laughed while Oscar just shook his head and put her heels on.

"Todavía estás bajo."

"I'll have you know that I grew one inch." Arcelia stated, right before No Crezcas Más by Tercer Cielo started blasting through the speaker. It was easier for Arcelia to move now because her heels made it so her dress hovered above the floor, rather than dragging. "Thanks for my party, O."

"No es nada. You've been dreaming of this day since you were born. Hey, now you don't need that scrapbook."

Arcelia chuckled and moved so her head was on Oscar's chest. The two of them danced across the dance floor and when Cesar heard sniffling, he turned to look at Jamal who was patting under his eyes with a napkin. "Don't judge me."

Cesar put his hands up in defense and looked back to Arcelia and Oscar. "Do you think dad would've liked the way everything came out?"

Oscar stayed silent and shrugged. "Yeah, he was happy as along as you were happy." He stated. "But you can ask him."

Arcelia lifted her head up and looked at Oscar, still holding his hands. "What?"

"Turn around."

Arcelia started tearing up, and she swore she was going to beat Oscar with her heel if he was playing with her. Slowly, Arcelia let go of Oscar's hands and turned to look over her shoulder, gasping when she saw the familiar face that she's been missing for almost 10 years.

Arcelia turned to Cesar who had the same look of shock on his face, before looking back to her dad and running into his arms. "Hey, princesa. When did you grow up?"

"This morning." Arcelia cried, squeezing her dad like if she even loosened up a little bit, he would disappear. "You're actually here?"

Arcelia's dad, Ramón, nodded his head and held her as they danced and Oscar took a seat. ". I wasn't going to miss tu gran día." He smiled, trying to adjust to the fact that Arcelia wasn't going to fit in his arms like she used to when she was 8.  "Te ves hermosa, cariña."

Arcelia smiled, but it turned into a pout as she started tearing up again.  "Thank you."

Ramón looked down when he heard her voice and gently wiped her cheeks to get rid of her tears. Arcelia opened her eyes and saw that she was facing her chambelanes, so she waved Cesar over. He didn't hesitate at all and went around the table to approach the two.

"Aye, papá. You grew up too." Ramón commented as he saw Cesar. He pulled him into a hug and all three of them just stood on the dance floor hugging, the twins never loosening their hold on Ramón.

Oscar watched from one of the tables with a small smile on his face, feeling very accomplished with himself because no one was expecting Ramón to come, or to be alive.

"Hey, no más lágrimas." Ramón whispered to the twins, lifting both of their heads to see their cheeks so he could wipe there faces. "Hoy es un día feliz." Arcelia and Cesar both nodded, but Arcelia went back to hugging him. "And you have to do your dance still, so smiles, sí."

Arcelia nodded her head and smiled wide to please her dad even though there were still tears threatening to come out. As the song was nearing the end, Oscar stood back up and went to Arcelia to hand her her sunglasses.  She expected for everyone except Oscar to leave, but for some reason her dad stayed.  However, once the music started, she was pleasantly surprised when he started doing the dance with them.

(Start at 2:20 😌)

Arcelia smiled when the dance ended, then turned to Oscar because she knew he was the one that taught their dad the dance. Arcelia hugged him tightly, catching him off guard. "This is the best birthday present ever."

Oscar smiled as he rubbed her back, then saw Cesar trying to gain their attention. "Your chambelanes want to do your dances now."

"They're so annoying."

Oscar shook his head and went to go sit down with Ramón following him. Ramón watched the 3 chambelanes surround Arcelia for their first dance, and he recognized Jamal, but not Sebastian. "Hey, who's the tall one?"

"Her boyfriend."

"Her what?!"

that was the surprise :) her dad aint dead, pero it'll be explained later