Chapter 2: The Southern Air Temple

We landed at the Port of some small village, in the Earth Kingdom as Iroh told me. After our run-in with the Avatar, Iroh taught as much as he could about the world and its habitants so that I would have a better grasp of it and blend in easier. If word got out that I was from another world the consequences could be deadly. When I figured out I could bend water Iroh also told me that he could show me some basic waterbending stances.

          "We've landed Prince Zuko," Iroh told the angry boy when he walked above deck and then went down the ramp and I followed.

          "Where do you think you're going?" Zuko glared at me.

          "I'm coming too, I don't want to be in the ship the whole time, I've never got to travel before so I figured I'd make the best of a bad situation, Prince Zuko." I shot my own dirty look at him and he rolled his eyes.

          "Whatever, just don't get in my way."

          "Why would I ever do myself the displeasure." I huffed crossing my arms, why did I have to be stuck on the ship with the most infuriating boy.

          Zuko turned to his uncle ignoring my comeback, "Uncle I want the repairs made as quickly as possible. I don't want to stay too long and risk losing his trail."

           Iroh was looking around and staring at the stores we were walking by eyeing all the goods that he wanted to buy, "You mean the Avatar?"

           Zuko's face turned red and his eyebrows furrowed into his scowling features, and as he was speaking I saw a figure approaching us from behind and I kept trying to warn him but he wasn't paying attention to anyone but himself, "Don't mention his name on these docks. Once word gets out that he's alive, every firebenders will be out looking for him, and I don't want anyone getting in the way."

          "Get in the way of what, Prince Zuko?". The man that came up to us asked. God those sideburns would put Elvis to shame.

          "Captain Zhao." Zuko acknowledged him coldly.

          "It's Commander now." Zhao bowed to Iroh, "General Iroh, great hero of our nation. And who might you be?" The man turned towards me, taking my hand and bringing it to his lips as a greeting. I looked over at Iroh and made a sick face, to which he chuckled.

          "Ayaka, sir." I bowed in return.

          "Where did you find such a respectful young lady, Prince Zuko? Maybe she could reach you somethings."

          "We found floating out at sea, she had been in a shipwreck," Iroh said.

          "Well, the Fire Lord's brother and son are welcomed guests anytime, as well as a pretty lady." I was seriously gonna be suck, this man seemed so gross, "What brings you to my harbor?"

          Iroh motioned to the damaged ship, "Our ship is being repaired"

          Zhao looked at it with suspicious eyes, "That's quite a bit of damage."

          Zuko jumped in quickly trying to come up with a cover, "Yes!" How inconspicuous, "You wouldn't believe what happened." He tried to motion for Iroh to continue but was paying attention until Zuko jabbed his side, "Uncle! Tell Commander Zhao what happened." I have to admit the awkwardness of Zuko was very cute.

          "Yes, I will." Iroh caught on, "It was incredible!" He whispered to us, "What? Did we crash into a ship or something?"

          "Yes! Right into an Earth Kingdom ship! It was scary." I jumped in, Zuko glared at me.