134 | million reasons

✿ ✿ ✿

    Samantha smiled, the ends of her mouth twitching up, even if she didn't noticed

    Samantha smiled, the ends of her mouth twitching up, even if she didn't noticed. The only thing keeping her sane was that there were people around her that made her happy.

    One of her favorite holidays had been upon them, and she tried her best to try distract herself. From wrapping presents, to cooking and listening to Sirius' out of tone voice. She loved him too much, so pretending it was one of the most angelical voices she had ever heard was one of her priorities at the moment.

She was finishing decorating the cupcakes she made, along with more desserts. The whole kitchen was full of food, and this year, she would be around more people, nothing made her more happy.

The sound of footsteps approaching the kitchen could be heard. And soon, she was greeted by not only the Weasley kids, but Harry and Hermione as well. They all noticed her concentration and couldn't stop staring at the desserts she had made. She raised her eyebrow, already hearing their stomachs ask for some.

    ❝Sam, can I please have one?❞ Ron asked first, approaching her with a begging look.

    She stood up straight, putting her hands on her hip. Then, everyone began to ask for some pastries, and she couldn't resist the puppy eyes they were given her.

    Samantha sighed, defeated ❝alright, but don't tell your mother❞ she narrowed her eyes at them, and as they all nodded enthusiastically, she allow them to grab part of the food, taking one for her as well.

❝here he comes!❞ Molly's voice was heard near the kitchen, and they all froze, having the food in their mouths. They shared a look of worry, and at the same time, they began to stuff what was left of the door inside their mouth in a quick rate.

To hide the trace of food of their faces, she pointed towards the back door of the kitchen, and they sprinted out of the room.

When the door opened once again, there was only Samantha standing there, chewing as fast as possible. She gave them a smile, leaning next to the counter.

    ❝are you alright, Sam?❞ Arthur asked, seeing how she was awkwardly staring there. She nodded, raising her hand in a small wave.

    Finally, she swallowed, and was able to talk ❝I'm glad you're better, Arthur❞ she approached, putting a hand on his shoulder as Molly nodded behind him, agreeing ❝we were all worried, but you're strong, I'm happy to see you❞

    ❝Thank you, Samantha❞ he nodded, smiling at the girl.

    She nodded in retuned, stepping back as Molly guided his wheel chair to the center of the table. She smiled, returning to her previous spot to make sure everything in the kitchen was ready.

Molly called the kids and they entered the kitchen once again, pretending they had done nothing. She watched as their all went to greet their father, for all they knew, something terrible would have been the outcome.