Chapter 13

[ Alyys ]

"You kisses who?!"
"Maddie shut up! I don't want to talk about it."
"Well you brought the item up, so talk! Did you really like, kiss him?"
"Yes, I did."
"Oh my god.. with tongue?"
"Maddie!"

I laugh and throw a pillow at Maddie her head. She catches it and throws it back. One of the bottles falls over and spills all over her pillow. We look at each other in silence. Then we both laugh so hard we start to cry.

"You are such a dummy. Now your pillow will smell like beer this night!"
"Gross. Now I will have to sleep with your pillow."

Maddie is cleaning up the mess we made. I watch her and smile. She really is my best friend, and I'm so glad I have her. Without her, I would have no idea where I would have slept this night. Probably at home, with Justin on the couch or angry beside me. I sigh and let myself fall on the bed.

"So tell me about what happened," she throws the shattered glass into the bin. "Because I can see you thinking about it."

"It was nothing, ok. We kissed and that's it, it was a super mistake."

"Well if it was nothing, Justin wouldn't e so mad right now,"
She has a point. If it would be just nothing, I would be sleeping at my own home.
"So tell me everything, with details!"

We talk for hours until it is way past midnight and the stars shine bright. We lay next to each other and stare outside the window, our feet put up against the wall.

"Holy shit Aly... That's some crazy stuff going on inside your head."
"I know right," I sigh and close my eyes for a second. "I don't know why I would doubt about my love for Justin, it's just insane."

"But you don't love Caleb, right? I mean yes he likes you but you like Justin."

"That's the crazy part, I have no idea what I feel anymore. It just feels blank. I know I love Justin with my whole heart, but when I do nothing my mind wanders off to Caleb and the party..."

Maddie turns her head to me. "That's just because you're bored, trust me."

I hope she's right, that I'm just bored and my mind makes those things up to have something to do. It is nice to talk to her, though. It is nice to get this off my chest because it felt like I was slowly suffocating from the weight of it.

A silent tear leaves the side of my eye, making its way down my cheek onto the pillow. I try to hide it but Maddie had already seen it.

"Don't cry Aly, you truly are sorry but Justin just has to realize it. It wasn't his intention to send you away..."
I smile a little and look over at her. "You are the best, Maddie."

Maddie smiles back and puts on some music. We stare out of the window for a few more hours and talk about everything. Justin, boys, school, food, literally everything. That is one of the things I love about Maddie, we can talk and talk for hours.

We don't start to feel tired until the sun is coming up. I can feel my eyes wanting to shut, but I don't want to sleep. I just want to enjoy the moment.
"If we go to sleep now, we might wake up before dinner."

I laugh and take my legs off the wall. They feel heavy and tingle a little. I ignore the feeling and go sit up straight.
"Maybe we should go to sleep then." Maddie nods her head. We grab some blankets and lay down on the bed again. I giggle a little when I see the sun.
"Well, goodnight Aly." Maddie can't help but giggle too. "Goodnight Maddie."

[ Justin ]

It starts to rain when I get out of the car. I ran to the entrance, finding out the door is locked.
"Fuck."
I make my way to the back of the building, hoping that the doors there are open. Big change they are since that's the place where stuff gets brought in and out. The rain increases and I feel a little water stream falling down my face. Who could ever think that it would rain here?

Thank god the doors are open and I can get inside. I lay my phone and some food on one of the tables in the office. We all here have our own desk, but not everybody uses it as much as me. It is my storage place for literally everything. And because if I do administrative work I will get paid more, which I want of course. All the other desks are empty, which most of the time means that not everybody is here yet.

One person is. On the desk lays some papers and a phone. Weird, I guess they forgot it. I take a bite from my apple and walk out of the office. The noises of breaking down parts and hammers fill the big room.

In the corner, a person is trying to get some nails out of a piece of old wood. Well, I guess I can be a good person today and help him out, right?

When I make my way over to the corner, I start to recognize some things about this person. Small details, that you would only know about a best friend. I know this person, I'm sure of it. But I can't really make out who it is. Only when he reaches to the side to grab a tool, I recognize him.

It is that one asshole that couldn't keep his lips to himself. I make my way over to him and turn him around, pushing him against the table.
"What the fuck! Why are you here?!"

Caleb looks up and frowns.
"Dude, what the hell are you doing?"

"I guess I should ask you that question,"
My hands form fists and feel myself getting uncontrollably angry. My mind is making up all the worst scenarios that could happen but I ignore it. I don't care what is going to happen, he needs to pay for what he did.

"You think you can kiss my girlfriend and get away with it?"
Caleb starts to laugh and pushes me away a bit.
"You are seriously angry about this? Pathetic, Justin."

I take a step forward and push him back.
"Well then maybe you should keep your hands at home and stop taking to Alyys."

"Why? You think you got some competition?"
Now it is my time to laugh. Competition? Hell no, Caleb is an asshole and Alyys would totally not fall for him.
"You wish, asshole."

Caleb grabs my arm and pushes me to the side. He lets go and walks into the room again.
"I have to say," A grin appears on his face. "Alyys is an excellent kisser."

"Don't you dare."
I start to take deeper breathes to try to calm myself down, but it doesn't work. My nails are digging into my hands. The blood is boiling under my skin and I can't keep this anger inside me anymore.

"If she didn't push me away, we would probably end up in an empty bed," He turns around and I stare at his grin. How can he think that he can get awake with this? "Which I wouldn't mind of course. Who wouldn't love to see that body without any clothes on."

It gets white for my eyes. My hands are looking around at the table. Trying to find anything. Anything that could do damage. I look up when my hands found something. I stare at the screwdriver in my hand.
"Say that one more time and I will fucking kill you..."
"Yeah right, like you have the nerves to do that."
"Caleb, I swear..."