Chapter 10

[ Justin ]

I give our jackets to the waiter when we sit down at your table. It isn't too busy inside, which is good. I have saved some money so we could go to Alyys her favorite restaurant. I sit down and look over at her. It has been some time since I've seen that smile on her face. She only smiles like that when she is truly happy. I can't help but smile too.

I look over at the table beside us. An old couple is enjoying their food. A group of girls are having a small party and in the corner sits a nervous-looking man. We order some drinks and I hold her hand above the table. I know she doesn't like all the romantic stuff all in the open, but she's ok with it for now.

"You are looking absolutely beautiful tonight. I swear, Aly."
She starts to laugh and blushes, quickly looking away so I can't see it.

"Justin, stop it," she shakes her head and looks at me. "You are looking very handsome as well if that's what you want to hear."
I shake my head. "I mean it, you truly do."

I know she hates compliments but holy crap. That dress is just perfect for her. Why didn't she wear this to the family party?

We thank the waiter when he brings our drinks and some food. Don't try to fool me, boy. I see you looking. I grin a little and take a sip from my drink.

"Why are you making that face? Please don't tell me you thought of something embarrassing!"
The grin turns into a laugh. "No, no. I think the waiter thinks you are look pretty good, too."

The laugh fades from Alyys her face and I can see her cheeks getting red again.
"Oh my god. You are kidding, right? Please say that you are kidding!"
I shake my head and grab a piece of the bread that we got.

Alyys looks behind her and looks directly at the waiter. I guess he's around our age, maybe a year older but not more than that. But he certainly isn't her type. Other girls would probably follow him like a puppy, but not Alyys.

We hade a discussion about this, don't ask me why, and apparently, Alyys likes 'though but very sweet, good looking boys' like me, she said. I know she is kind of weird, but I like that about her.

"Please tell me he isn't looking anymore." I look up as I take a bite of my food. We just got our main course and the waiter brought our food, again. I chuckle and shake my head.

"I think he's in the kitchen." She sighs with relief and starts eating too. I can't help but stare at her sometimes. I really wonder how I got such a pretty girlfriend. I immediately feel bad for all the things I did to her, and all the things I kept a secret. Don't think about it. More importantly, don't turn into a softy, Justin.

"Have you thought about the party yet?" We finished our food and Alyys ordered a dessert. She shakes her head. "Do you have a party in mind then?"

"Caleb is throwing a party. He invited us."
I see Alyys freeze for a moment. Then the nods and take a sip of her drink.

"I guess we can go, right?" She gives the waiter a smile when he brings her desert. I can see the dude smiling back and then looking at me. I think he got the message when I give him a look because he quickly walks to the kitchen.

"Don't be so mean to him Justin," says Alyys with her mouth full of cake. "I saw you looking at him." I laugh a bit and lean back into the backrest.

"I'll try my best, darling." I wait until she finishes her cake to grab my card. The second I pull it out of my wallet, Alyys gets it and stands up.

"I will pay. Wait here." I see her little wink and grin. That's the Alyys I remember when we go out. The Alyys who teases the boys who look at her and then giving all her attention to me. I lean back again and watch how she walks up to the boy.

The talk a bit, and I see a lot of smiling happening. No boy can ignore that smile, it's like the smile of an angel. She smiles one last time and walks back to me when she's done paying. I stand up and grab her hand.

"Poor boy, he must be heartbroken now." She laughs and we get our jackets. We step into the cold evening wind en look around. I look to my right.

"Party?"
"Definitely."

It doesn't take long for us to get to the party and get tipsy. Alyys a little more than me, but oh well. We are having a great time. Singing to the music, dancing, having fun. Alyys is getting us some more drinks and I take a seat at the couch.

I haven't seen Caleb yet. I think he's too busy doing other stuff. I laugh and wrap my arms around Alyys her waist when she takes place at my lap. I get a cup pushed into my hands and I take a sip. Never let Alyys mic your drinks, it is almost one hundred percent pure alcohol.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" I look at her. She hasn't stopped laughing for the past five minutes and I have no idea what is going on, but I love it. She looks genuinely happy.

"I'm having a great time!"
I get a kiss oh my cheek and I give her one back. I grab her cup and take a sip from it. Maybe she should stop getting us drinks. She is looking pretty drunk.
"What do you want to do? Dance?"
"No. You." She looks at me and grins.

For a second she puts on a serious face, just to burst out in laughter after that. Crazy girl, she is definitely too drunk. I grab her hands and stand up.

"Not here, let's just dance." I pull her to an empty spot in the living room and we start to dance again. She gets closer every minute and I can't deny that I don't like it. I put my hands on her hips.

We look up when Caleb is standing beside us.
"Hey, guys! Having a good time I see?"
"Amazing!" We start to laugh over Alyys her reaction. I hold her just in case she might misstep and fall over.

"Well, I think it has been enough booze for Alyys, so this will be for you." He gives me a cup. Some weird pink looking liquid is in it. Whatever, I guess it will be fine. I drink everything at once and my throat starts to burn like hell. "Holy shit dude, what is this?"
"That's a secret." He laughs and disappears into the crowd.

My head is pounding but I am still enjoying this party. Alyys and I are having the time of your lives and I don't think we will be leaving soon. She has put her arms around me and I let my hand run through her hair. She places her hand on my chest, looking up to me. I give her a small grin and a kiss on her lips.

"I meant what I say earlier."
I get head closer to heads go hear her better. "About what?"

"About wanting you." I can feel her slowly letting her hands get down.
I mumble something and let it happen, because I know I can't stop her. She looks up again and softly pushes her lips against mine. I want to give more, but I let her decide. Just when her tongue meets mine, she pulls back.

I frown and look at her, waiting for an explication. But I don't get one. Instead, I get pushed backward, more into the dark. "We don't need people to stare."

I grin and feel the alcohol finally kicking in. She pushes herself against me and makes our lips meet again. I can feel eyes looking at us, judging us, but not caring about what we are doing.

One set of eyes stays to look at us, longer then the others do. But I have no time to look at who those eyes belong to, even tho I can almost guess it.