Chapter 3

[ Justin ]

It is quiet this afternoon. Alyys and I haven't said a word to each other this morning and the silence is slowly killing me. I tried starting a conversation a few times, but I don't work out. She just doesn't react or cuts me off. I look over at her and it looks like she doesn't even notice me sitting at the table.
"Alyys, listen.."

She looks up and immediately cuts me off.
"No, Justin. You need to listen to me."
I keep quiet while she puts her glass down.

"You come home drunk at night, you were away for the whole day, and you expect me to just listen to you and let it slip?"

She's right. I didn't really plan to go to that party, but I got a text from some people and I did everything on automatic. It wasn't my intention to go get drunk, too.

"I know, Alyys, I'm sorry. I know I did a stupid thing, but I don't like to argue with you. Can we just, make peace with it and have a nice day together?"

I can see the doubt in her eyes. She looks at me like I'm a crazy fool, a guy who doesn't seem to get it. She grabs her glass and takes another sip.

"Only if you promise me that you will never do this again. Or I'll leave."

She knows she won't leave me, but she hopes I will make me realize that I need to change. Sadly for her, I already know all her lite tricks. But I will just pretend to keep her happy.

"Fine, I will never do it again."
Her shoulders relax as I said that and she stands up.
"Deal. If you fill the bathtub, I will do the dishes."

She is kidding, right? She never takes baths, and especially not with me. She knows that when we are in a bath, together? Most of the time we end up in bed. Even when we try to just, take a bath and chill, we end up in bed. I just can't help it.

"Wait, you're not kidding?"
"Nope."
"Alright.."

I frown, turn around and walk to the bathroom. Is she up to something? Does she have a plan? Or is she simply just 'in the mood' even though we are pissed at each other.

I stare into the water filling the bathtub. I see my reflection and sigh. There's a little scar about my eyebrow, one on my chin. My hair is frizzy and I look like I'm sick. I mean I kinda am. This hangover is killing me. My head hurts like hell and I still feel sick. Maybe this bath wasn't such a bad idea.

My mind wanders off to the party. It was fun, but nothing special. I just needed some good drinks and all I did was talk, sit and drink. I invited Caleb over but he didn't come. He said he needed to work. He's kinda boring most of the time. Sometimes he's in a party mood and then he's a lot of fun. He just needs to loosen up a little, then he can get all the girls he wants. Sure he is a nice guy, but he's a little uncomfortable when he's sober.

I turn off the water and add some soap. I push a button to create bubbles, which I know Alyys loves. I put on some music and close the shades. If she wants to forget our fight, I have to do this the right way. I throw my clothes over a chair and feel if the water isn't too hot. I step into the bath and just when I laid down, Alyys walks in. I can see the little park in her eyes lit up when she sees the bubbles.

"Do you like it?"
I blow some bubbles at her and she smiles.
"Yes silly, of course I do." She shakes her head a little and closes the door. I go sit up and look over at her.

"Well if you want me to join, you need to close your eyes."
"Oh come on, I've seen you naked a thousand times. That isn't fair."
She laughs and picks up my hands, placing them before my eyes.
"Scaring me with coming home late, drunk, isn't fair either."

Ok, she has a point. I keep my eyes closed until she turns around. I place my hands behind my head, laying down again.

I can't help but look at her. She is beautiful, that just the truth. When she turns around, she starts to blush. "Justin!"
I laugh and blow her a kiss. "Come on, before the water is all cold again."

She carefully steps into the bath and sits down on the opposite side of me.
"I don't mind if you sit a little closer." Alyys doesn't react and looks over at me.

"You really scared me, you know. I thought something happened to you.."
She picks up some of the soap bubbles and blows them away.

"You know what I think about the parties, Justin. All the alcohol, girls."
"Nothing happened that night, I promise. I got too drunk and forgot about work or going home."

I grab her hands and gently pull her a little closer. She looks at our hands and then at me. I see a sparkle in her eyes I haven't seen before. She let's go of my hands and comes to sit closer.

"Let's just not think about it, right now."
"What.."
I can't finish my sentence.

She softly pushes her lips against mine. Her hands let go of mine and make there way up from my chest to my neck. I try to keep my mind calm and my body under control. My hands immediately place themselves on her hips, pulling her against me. My tongue meets with hers and I feel her softly biting my lip. My mouth leaves her and just when I start to kiss her neck, she pushes me back.

"We can't."
"Wait, what?"
The sparkle in her eyes has disappeared and all I see is doubt.

"I'm still angry at you."
"So? That didn't stop ur before."
I try to kiss her but she pushes me back again.

"No, you don't understand. I can't give you this, reward, after what you did."
"You're bringing this up, right now? Come on, Alyys. Relax, have some fun."

She shakes her head and lets me go.
"Can we just, save this for another moment?"
"Sure, whatever you want."

The water is getting cold and so am I. My headache hasn't left yet and I feel horrible again. Alyys already got out, after our little discussion. I let warm water fill the bath, hoping it might work. What is going on with her? First, she kisses me and tricks me into thinking she wants me, then she pushes me away and says she doesn't want me, I don't get her. I let my head rest against the edge and listen to the music. I don't think I can ever understand what girls want.

I get frustrated when I realize the hot water doesn't make the bath warm again after a few minutes. I decide to get out and I wrap a towel around my waist. I can feel Alyys staring at me when I walk into the bedroom. Take it all in, darling. That's what you missed by rejecting me.

We stay silent for the rest of the day, which feels weird. There is always something we can talk about. The only thing that we discussed is that she's going to see some friends. I didn't ask when she would be back, that didn't sound fair to me. She just left without even a goodbye. I guess she really is mad at me.